Author Topic: VW Golf 2.3 V5 170bhp  (Read 2711 times)

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
VW Golf 2.3 V5 170bhp
« on: June 12, 2011, 10:34:15 am »
advertised on behalf of a friend ;D

Right then, after owning this for 3.5 years it's time to say goodbye as I'm after a mk1

Tax - Runs out this month but I'll tax it if I still have it at the end of the month
MOT - End of Dec.
Mileage - 121k. The top end was been rebuilt about 18 months ago due to bending a couple of valves. This was cause by me being stupid and fitting a "supercharge" fan to the air filter (£15 ebay special), it ended up costing me £880 to have it sorted. The work was carried out by Sheffield Engine Services. I don't have a receipt as it was a cash in hand job.
Reg - It's a 52 plate with a private plate "BB5 2 LOW"

Mods: DNA remap (£150) that should have added 18bhp, Cat-Back full stainless exhaust from Exhaustsuk (£275) it is a bit loud but sounds awesome, lowered on Hottuning coilovers (£220), WRC roof spoiler, s/steel induction kit thats running down to the bottom of the front bumper. Ripspeed flipout DVD player. Loads of other bits and bobs.

Wheels: BBS RC040, 17x7.5, freshly polished rims and chromed bolts. Brand new Maxxis 195/45 tyres fitted last month. New black BBS badges. Steel adapters to give the wheels some nice poke.
Interior: The seats are black and grey sports seats, not recaro but similar. Black/Blue gear gaitor. Carbon M3 wrap on the centre console.

Bad points: There are a couple of scrapes on the corner of the bumpers and the usual stone chips on the bonnet. The paint work on the edge of the rear arches has started to peel due to previously running 19's. The aerial needs looking at as I don't get the best reception. Passenger window doesn't open, needs a need mechanism (common fault).

I've been as honest as I can really. Around town you'll be looking at around 27mpg and 35-40 on a run. It's quick and I love it but I feel it's time to get a mk1.

Price: £3000. The plate and the wheels are worth a grand or more so the car on it's own is easy worth two grand so I won't be coming down on the price. I'm looking for a Golf mk1 Gti so I can do a deal with a bit of cash my way but this all depends on the car.

call 07891550377 for details

Cheers Scrimmy
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:46:39 am by tdh-syorks »