Author Topic: mk4 g40 on ebay  (Read 4506 times)

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: mk4 g40 on ebay
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2011, 02:37:45 pm »
i know what you are saying about the mot thing, but with a car like this if it will fly through, he would have done it, he does not have to worry about insuring it as outlined before lol

It got me thinking where insurance companies stand with things like this, he has given the cars reg on ebay, and admitted to fraudulent insurance. But where is he actually breaking the law in so far as action being taken?

Only when an accident occurs? Do his insurance company report it? do the police act on it?

I would have thought, just like the roadside mot checking, there would be at least a "report crook insurance" line somewhere?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 10:14:03 am »
I remember many moons ago a kid in Worcester had a daft engine in a corsa (calibra turbo i think). insured it as a std 1.4, then when he got pulled the copper rang up his insurance company and asked about the engine, they knew nowt about it and told them his insurance wasn't valid, he then got reported for having no insurance. I don't think they'd bother pursuing the fraud thing as it's not good PR for them to prosecute their own customers, lol.

Offline G40_andi

• Members
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 10:34:07 pm »
also has anyone botherd telling insurers that thier cars are lowered, different exhaust or alloys. Just the simple stuff really. Is it worth telling them?

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 12:11:40 am »
worth telling them if you want to claim after an accident ;)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 09:37:22 am »
also has anyone botherd telling insurers that thier cars are lowered, different exhaust or alloys. Just the simple stuff really. Is it worth telling them?

to not tell them is insurance fraud.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 10:25:44 am »
worth telling them if you want to claim after an accident ;)

Even in a no faulter, the other guy's insurance will be wanting to look at yours.Either way you'll be un-insured.

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 01:06:53 pm »

to not tell them is insurance fraud.

I don't get people who don't tell insurers about their modifications, especially when you have insurers such as Brentacre, MSM and such like who actually give you discount for being a 'enthusiast' and bracket modification/or power levels together so you don't get penalised.

Its just unfortunately that Moron's are now in a financial position to get hold of these kind of cars, and it shows.  :(

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2011, 02:18:34 pm »
so did anyone buy it ?

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2011, 11:31:35 am »
It's easy to stereotype a person from an advert like this with spelling and grammatical errors.  As for the insurance it gets on my tits because those who do good, pay their taxes, work hard and respectful of the laws  of society seem to have very little, whilst those who do as they wish live like kings with 7 cars etc. 

As mentioned with declaration of mods...for me I've always declared the absolute obvious, wheels and coilovers etc but I wouldn't or didn't tell them about charger porting, mapping etc...who would know?  Swapping engines however and rampaging around the streets in something wildly different to what it's insured as makes a mockery of those who pay mega money to just get their standard car on the roads.

That's my thoughts to this.
Dan

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 05:04:11 pm »
It's easy to stereotype a person from an advert like this with spelling and grammatical errors. 
Dan

"it would fly frew a mot if you know what your looking at"
 ;D
Sorry,
 :P
about the insurance thing tho, a lad who turned up to a local meet in sheffield a couple month back got pulled in his mk1 golf (rabbit) lookalike because he had illegal numberplate's (american ones), anyway as the copper was walking around the vehicle he spotted the controls for the air ride kit and went back to his car.
after a couple of minutes he returned and said to the lad, if he didn't declare his alloy wheels and air ride to the insurance within something like 14 days they would recover his vehicle and have it crushed :o :o bit harsh i thought ???