Author Topic: PPP subframe  (Read 8148 times)

Offline grantvw

• Members
PPP subframe
« on: May 17, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »
Hello to everyone i just wanted to put a post on to back up that if you have a straight car the subframes will bolt on without too much trouble mine has gone on my loon without having to elongate or drill any extra holes or use big repair washers hope this helps people and gives people more convidence in buying a subframe as the do fit like they are supposed too Cheers Pete

Offline liam

• Members
Re: PPP subframe
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:37:06 pm »
Hello to everyone i just wanted to put a post on to back up that if you have a straight car the subframes will bolt on without too much trouble mine has gone on my loon without having to elongate or drill any extra holes or use big repair washers hope this helps people and gives people more convidence in buying a subframe as the do fit like they are supposed too Cheers Pete

watch out while on full lock though if youve got brand new wheels like i had, it ripped all the new powder coating off the inside of my wheels. :'(

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:40:11 pm »
have you got silly offset because mine are no where near touching  ???

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:17:54 pm »
Ashame we don't all have nice striaght shells! Had to retap on of my holes and was a bit of a bastard to fit but it would be impossible to make a frame that fits all shells as most ofthem are a little bent from hitting kerbs acident damage or just being old so I wouldn't of blamed ppp for having to fiddle about to make it fit. Have to fiddle with most things to make them fit when modifiying Well that's what I've found anyway

Offline grantvw

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:23 pm »
if you take your time and have some patience you would get them to fit any straigh car without issues people have got to remember there as tightly made as they are for a reason and thats because there effectivly holding your chassis together and if they had movement they wouldn't be doing the job they were made for  ;)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 12:19:49 am »
Hmm so the PPP ones scrub the rose jointed arm aswell on full lock dam, thought it was just the pps ones!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 09:21:05 am »
my PPP one doesn't scrub the wheels with either my 14" or 15" wheels on.  Liam must have funny offset wheels I reckon

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 09:46:26 am »
But you're running wheel spacers aren't you Hayesey?
It's a BRILLIANT frame, I am very impressed by the whole package and the quality of workmanship, but without spacers my 14x6" ET38 'Scalas' do scrub the arms on full lock. The castor is adjusted to match g-ladseite block measurements. Only rubs a little mind. I've some 5mm spacers to try and resolve it.
Mine is one of the early frames, but I don't know if it makes a difference.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 10:00:47 am »
In fairness I'd like to point out that my frame is also 2nd hand and Yoof did mention to me a while back that one of the previous owners might have modified the mounting points for the arms.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 10:54:06 am »
yeah that is true, I am running 10mm spacers on the front

Offline GAF2

• Members
  • serious supercharging
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 01:51:01 pm »
Well i had mine on for nearly a year now and its been fantastic untill yesterday when the special gearbox mount sheared at the welds, have emailed PPP to see if there was a warrenty or if i can buy another if possible.

cheers Grant

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 04:26:27 pm »
Grant - sorry to hear that.

We haven't received an email from you yet, but if it is a PPP frame, please send photos of the frame and damage to: enquiries@poloperformanceparts.co.uk along with details of when you bought it etc. and we'll sort things out for you.

Andy

Offline AlexG40

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 05:46:35 pm »
My frame also rubs on 14x6 et 38 wheels. Ive had my wheels balanced in the centre of the barrel now and it seems to have fixed the worst of it. It's not a problem for sure.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 05:58:18 pm »
If people could post up wheel/tyre combos that do/don't scrub that would help out alot.

195/45 14x6 ET33 Doesn't scrub  :)

Not sure about my current combo...

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 06:05:25 pm »
195/45 14x6 ET33 Doesn't scrub  :)
That's good to know, sounds like 5mm spacers on 14x6 ET38 should be all good then :-)

Edit: Useful info...
Wheel size: 14x6 ET38
Tyre size: 165/60/R14
Wheel weight location: Inside the wheel, not the lip
Rubs: On the wheel lip only, tyre seems OK.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 06:09:02 pm by cheys03 »