Author Topic: Breaks wont bleed  (Read 2326 times)

Offline 10pin

• Members
Breaks wont bleed
« on: April 17, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »
im trying to bleed up the whole system on my gt to g40 conversion and im just not getting anywhere i belive that its got a bigger master cylinder

fluid comes through but i have no pedal

it wasnt working i read though some topics on here then unhooked the load compensator and still no joy im just wondering if im doing anyhting wrong or you guys have and tips

cheers!

Offline grantvw

• Members
Re: Breaks wont bleed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 05:38:51 pm »
Hi buddy if you just un do the pipes at the master cylinder to start with until fluid drips out ( Have a rag to hand to catch the fluid) do this on all three pipes on the master cylinder then try bleeding them again i would also recomend a gunson eazibleed kit it works off presure from a tyre to push the fluid through the system. Hope this helps Grant

Offline 10pin

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:07:37 pm »
Cheers i will try that im still unsure does the load compensator have to be unhooked when bleeding or can it be on as the car is pretty low when its connected its pulling it closed quite hard

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 07:28:03 pm »
you need to pull the compensator down to open it - not unhook it

Offline 10pin

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 07:39:31 pm »
Ahh i see so ive got it the wrong way round and the spring should be under tention pulling the top ove the compesator down pushing the bottom in? sorry to be a hasstle guys

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 08:15:49 pm »
Thats what we are here for!