Author Topic: can any1 help  (Read 2288 times)

Offline doddy1988

• Members
can any1 help
« on: April 15, 2011, 08:02:50 pm »
my inline feul pump isnt working when i turn my ignition. i think i have a bad earth. does any1 no where i can find this earth?

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Re: can any1 help
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:27:57 am »
Check the relay (by the ECU- there's 2). Might be knackered or just corroded connections.

Offline doddy1988

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 06:07:59 pm »
changed both of them, was just thinkin of earthing it 2 the body

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 03:13:54 am »
Do either of them run at all? Have you took the connection off each pump and tested it with a multimeter to see if it's live?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:49:14 am »
are the relays clicking?  You should be able to hear a definite click when you turn the ignition on. 

Like ereeiz says, check for 12v at the connector to the fuel pumps.  When you turn the ignition on you should get a 12v pulse for about one second (priming the pumps) then when trying to start the car you should get a permanent 12v. 

You have a red&yellow wire coming out of the fuel pump relay to the top of the fuse box, it connects to the single only blade fuse on there which is yellow.  Then two red&yellow wires come off the other side of that, one goes to the fuel rail to power the injectors and the other goes through a connector next to the fuse box and into the car.  Then this single wire goes to the back of the car and powers both pumps simultaneously. 

Another common thing to look out for is the connector next to the fuse box this red&yellow wire goes through.  It is only a push fit connector and has no clips to stop it coming loose.  Make sure it's pushed in properly.