Author Topic: Supercharged Badge  (Read 5382 times)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Supercharged Badge
« on: April 14, 2011, 05:03:36 pm »
Is the supercharged badge an original G40 part? If so, what size and where is it mounted? I have the catalyst badge on the rear left so was thinking of replacing it with a supercharged one.

Reckon I'll get one from trimsport as they look OE and the prices are reasonable

http://www.trimsport.co.uk/html/badges.html

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
Re: Supercharged Badge
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:38:21 pm »
I think Trimsport medium is the right size. Are they still going then? I was led to believe not.

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 08:42:22 pm »
was uk dealer fit

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 08:04:20 am »
I don't know, I'll find out and post back when I find out. Might try the dealers too if they still do them. Anyone know the part no?

Offline grayg40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:09:08 am »
vw doesnt do them anymore

Offline G40HR

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 07:52:44 pm »
VW haven't done these for a long time. I have been through every parts department in the country via a friend of mine who is the part manager in one of the UK largest VW dealers.
Then got a plane to Germany (yes I am lucky enough to speak some of the lingo to get by) and non of their dealers had any left.
I finally went home to Switzerland and cleared out the dealers there, managed to get my hands on 3 original rear badges and 4 front ones.
This was a couple of years ago and I am glad I did as they are becoming a serious nightmare to get. Half the aftermarket ones are not the exact same colour which is a problem when you have an original tornado red G40!

P.S. Original VW set of black arches for a G40 are now just as much as a nightmare, so is the original red bumper strip and the black rear number plate surround sticky stuff!

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:39 am »
I ordered one of each size yesterday from trimsport so I'll take a pic of each on the car and post pics to give people an idea of what they look like.

Anyone want them positioned anywhere in particular on the car?

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 09:40:42 pm »
[quote author=G40HR link=topic=6540.msg47226#msg47226 date=130393036

Then got a plane to Germany (yes I am lucky enough to speak some of the lingo to get by) and non of their dealers had any left.
I finally went home to Switzerland and cleared out the dealers there, managed to get my hands on 3 original rear badges and 4 front ones.
This was a couple of years ago and I am glad I did as they are becoming a serious nightmare to get. Half the aftermarket ones are not the exact same colour which is a problem when you have an original tornado red G40!
P.S. Original VW set of black arches for a G40 are now just as much as a nightmare, so is the original red bumper strip and the black rear number plate surround sticky stuff!
[/quote]

Nice to know why other G40 owners can't source parts; doesn't it occur to you that that looks a little like naked greed.

Offline G40HR

• Members
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:42 pm »
Intresting what you seem to call greed considering you nothing about me.
I run 2 G40s and want to ensure they look as good as they possibly can now and in the future.
So I have gone out of my way to ensure I buy the parts to do this with.
You could have done the same, in fact some of the items are on German ebay as we speak.
If i was buying them to sell maybe but i really think you have gotten your facts wrong here, none of the spare parts I have are for sale, whether it is the badges, spare chargers, stickers or other items.

Offline G40HR

• Members
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2011, 03:24:02 pm »
there is someone on german ebay selling original rear badges, proper VW parts!
If anyone needs me to translate anything let me know

www.ebay.de
ebay no =  250799266384

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2011, 04:34:56 pm »
Nice. Might get one of them if I'm not happy with these ones. Still not arrived. bloody bank holidays! lol

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2011, 06:05:23 pm »
Intresting what you seem to call greed considering you nothing about me.
I run 2 G40s and want to ensure they look as good as they possibly can now and in the future.

Sincere apologies; I now go from unwarranted anger to good old envy. If you've got two G's you've got twice the problems so I can only admire your efforts to source parts. I've had a few new parts off german e-bay, but most of it's drying up now and I'm wary of buying used. Arch trims as you say, are a nightmare. Hope you don't beat me to a good set.

Offline G40HR

• Members
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 07:00:12 pm »
Everyone
These brand new VW badges have just appeared on german ebay.

www.ebay.de