Author Topic: Standalone oil pump  (Read 2220 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Standalone oil pump
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:38:39 pm »
After fitting my kit is has been ok. Run a little ZX1 in it to help with the lubricating etc.

Today i was driving to my parents and when i stopped for fuel and turned the ignition on i couldnt hear the pump going. Had a little play with it but cant get it to work. Its now the power supply as my gauges run off the same wiring and i dont think its the earth point used on the chassis, g-lader one.

My money is on the pump, but im about 200 miles from my house and i have done around 50 miles with the pump not working. I was going to put the standard feed back on till i get a electric mocal pump but will it be ok to drive 200 miles with the pump not supplying oil to the charger?

I know ZX1 is good and they reckon it will stick to all metal parts and bearings etc and will last 25,000 miles.

What do you think. Need to get back home tomorrow as well.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Standalone oil pump
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »
I wouldn't drive it with no oil supply to the charger.  No way you could connect it back up to the engine oil?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 04:17:45 pm »
No the old oil lines are in my tool box. At home! It's defiantly the pump. Did a voltage check between live on pump and earth point and it's fine.

Unless the feed pipe is the same thread as the one that goes into the head?

Might look for somewhere local that can supply me with a facet one.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 04:37:02 pm »
Just been searching for facet pumps and burton power in essex sells them. Will get train there to save the charger.

Spending £32 is better than £300+ for a service or worse a new charger!