Author Topic: 1500 eaton convertion  (Read 1095 times)

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
1500 eaton convertion
« on: March 07, 2011, 06:50:49 pm »
right guys what i need to know is i,ve just bought a 1w bottom end and crank and g40 rods whats else am i going to need to get this block built up

oil pump
bottom end shells
pistons????????? whitch ones would you lot go for if im planning to run an eaton with it ??
what size do i need to get the block bored out to and piston size.

any help on this would be great as i cant find alot of info on this

thanks in advance
steve

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: 1500 eaton convertion
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:16:23 pm »
There is info out there on this try searching for 1w, 1473cc etc etc.. I'm not building one there a few people on here who know alot more about it than me but from what I can gather.
  You need 77mm pistons but shorter for the incrased stroke these are made by accralite and you can buy from them but I think they have a minium order number or 10 or somthing try searching for a thread called bigger bottom end was discussed on there recently.they give 9:1 cr there are many debates on cr but 9:1 is better for off boost economy and road driving or 8:1 more overall power because you can safley run higher boost without retarding ignition timing as much. To get lower than 9:1 you will have to have custom pistons by je or maybe wossner.
   Other than that normal engine rebuild bits being new big end and main shells oil pump and chain all bew bolts for the main bearing caps and for the big ends you may need small end bushes if the rods didn't come with them some gudgeon pins and circlips if the rods didn't come with them aswell, And lots of other little bits aswell as the blockbeing bored and maybe decked lightly. This thread gives more detail on alot of the other parts needed including part numbers http://www.polog40.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,2290.0.html
     Hope this helps