Author Topic: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]  (Read 14970 times)

Offline cutsnspinsbacks

• Members
G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« on: September 17, 2008, 11:47:39 am »
Hello G40 lovers,

i´m from portugal, i have owned a G40 for about 3 years, let me just say that this is my pride and joy , i have made a few changes in the car, but before that, i just want to thanks to a big friend of mine, who has helped a lot on this project, and without him his whould never existed, he is the one to blame, because he transmited to me the G fever, so one again ....many thanks tiago !

now let´s see the goods:
at first when i bought the car, the car had a few problems because the last owner didn´t realy care about it, so step by step, the recovery is on it´s way , so whenever i can , i will fix something on it or buy some new things for it.

Engine Mods:

- SNS Stage 5 - no lag (8500 rpm)
- Polo Gt fuel admition
- Supercharger RS3
- Supercharger oil feed regulator
- Supercharger pully 57mm (big isn´t it ? lol)
- G60 green top injectors
- Oil catch tank
- Shrick cam 252/276º
- Coold Start valve off ( don´t really know it´s name, i´ll post  a picture so you can see it)
- Throtle body original size but without weight´s

there are a few things left to say , but want some comments first XD

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 12:58:05 pm »
Nice G mate, welcome to the club!

I like your oil catch tank install and your oil feed pressure regulator. Can you provide some details about the pressure regulator? I think it is a very good idea.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 01:41:08 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your car looks very nice an tidy in the pics, anymore of the actually car itself?

Can i ask do you not get a lot of belt slip on the 57mm V belt pulley? most people over here have gone to the toothed belt system to stop the loss of power caused by the V belts slipping?

Cheers
Warren

Offline cutsnspinsbacks

• Members
Re: Re: Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 06:43:11 pm »
thanks for good feedback guys :) , and yes there is still a bit more to talk about...... XD

raw:

here in portugal there are lot´s of G40´s with the same charger oil regulator, because i´m using such a small pully, there were a few of us that were having some problems with the charger oil bearings (i don´t know if this is the name), but this situation also happend to cars that didn´t had a small pully like me, so in order so solve the problem we just had to reduce by a little the oil pressure inside the charger, and you know what? it works, none of us ever had the same problem again.
The catch tank was bought on ebay, from this usa guy , it was actualy quite cheap like (20 usd), i´m verry happy with it, i´ve seen a few of them and hosnesly i don´t like them, i think mine looks pretty good. Just go to www.ebay.com and you´ll find loads of them.

wozza:

yes i do get a lot of belt slip, if you go over the 7000rev is awfull, and you´re right the tooth belt sistem is the best solution so stop the belt slipping, the other problem with v belts is that they get loose verry quickley, and the car loses power creates a lag when your pushing the throthole down.

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 10:39:33 am »
[quote pid=4200 author=cutsnspinsbacks date=1221673391]thanks for good feedback guys :) , and yes there is still a bit more to talk about...... XD

raw:

here in portugal there are lot´s of G40´s with the same charger oil regulator, because i´m using such a small pully, there were a few of us that were having some problems with the charger oil bearings (i don´t know if this is the name), but this situation also happend to cars that didn´t had a small pully like me, so in order so solve the problem we just had to reduce by a little the oil pressure inside the charger, and you know what? it works, none of us ever had the same problem again.
The catch tank was bought on ebay, from this usa guy , it was actualy quite cheap like (20 usd), i´m verry happy with it, i´ve seen a few of them and hosnesly i don´t like them, i think mine looks pretty good. Just go to www.ebay.com and you´ll find loads of them.

wozza:

yes i do get a lot of belt slip, if you go over the 7000rev is awfull, and you´re right the tooth belt sistem is the best solution so stop the belt slipping, the other problem with v belts is that they get loose verry quickley, and the car loses power creates a lag when your pushing the throthole down.[/quote]

Thats ok then i just thought you guys over there had come up with a solution for that, something we didn't know about over here. but no luck there  :D  very interesting about the oil pressure regulator.

What sort of mileage do you get on your charger before you have it serviced? i.e a new internal pulley, bearings and seals etc.

Cheers
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:41:09 am by wozzaG40 »

Offline cutsnspinsbacks

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 09:19:22 pm »
with my setup i will do a full rebuild after 20 - 30000 km, it should be about 20000miles, if you go on any further you might be pushing your luck a littlebit too far , with such a small pully you can never be too carefull :)

Offline Raw

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 04:43:28 pm »
[quote pid=4200 author=cutsnspinsbacks date=1221673391]
raw:

here in portugal there are lot´s of G40´s with the same charger oil regulator, because i´m using such a small pully, there were a few of us that were having some problems with the charger oil bearings (i don´t know if this is the name), but this situation also happend to cars that didn´t had a small pully like me, so in order so solve the problem we just had to reduce by a little the oil pressure inside the charger, and you know what? it works, none of us ever had the same problem again.[/quote]

So where do you but the reducing valve from? what it it's specification and how do you fit it to the oil feed line? I need to try this out for myself!

Offline Raw

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: G40 - Project : Th3_Ravage [PT]
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 12:23:41 pm »
I've been doing some digging and am finding it difficult to find a true pressure limiting valve. Is this a pressure reducing valve (e.g. outfeed pressure is always a fixed % infeed pressure etc.) or a flow restictor?