Author Topic: ATV (sold)//ECU (sold)/ FRONT STRUTS and TANK (collected).  (Read 8338 times)

Offline G-fortified

• Members
ATV (sold)//ECU (sold)/ FRONT STRUTS and TANK (collected).
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:56:41 pm »
Hi all. Having a garage clean out and have the two G40 struts still available. Removed fron a LHD vehicle and transported here from Germany, but not used in my breadvan GT conversion. Also the fuel tank-with pipes and filters etc. still attched-from the same G40. Struts and tank have been dry stored and are in good nick. STRUTS/TANK CLAIMED AND COLLECTED.
FREE if you can collect from Withernsea, East Yorkshire, by the end of August. Will be re-cycled after that if not claimed unless other arrangement agreed on. Just for the record getting rid of the conversion was one of the dumbest moves I've ever made. I still miss it now.

Hoping to find you all safe and well.

Regards
Rob

P.S. Still have fond memories of taking part in the G40 Rally, round Derbyshire, on August 8th 2009. What a day!! 12 Years..Where's that time gone?

Hi gents...Sadly the G40 hatch eventually sold this weekend. I didn't want to sell but needs must when unemployed in a recession. Right. Enough of the hard luck story and the orchestra music, I have some bits to sell that were left over from the conversion.

1. ATV Gearbox. Removed from car when it started jumping out of 5th. Advised (on here I
    think) cause could be low oil level. I couldn't remove the filler plug (high ignorance
    level on my part here !) so I swapped boxes. Lo and behold the oil level was down (and
    still is I think). That may, or may not, be the problem. SOLD

2. Pair of front struts with TCA'S, driveshafts (no balance weight) and tie rod. Came with
    the conversion package from Germany so I assume they came from the same car as the
    engine and are from a G40 (covering my arse here!). Tie-rod may, or may not, be any
    use as it's come off a LHD car. £30.00 each. Will sell individually if required.

3. G40 ECU...again from Germany. Bought as a backup. Never used. Was tested and
    working. SOLD   

With the exception of the ECU all items are collection/cash on collection. And yes, I do know I live on the edge of the world (well not quite but you can see it from here) so why not have a day at the seaside, eat some fish and chips then have a stroll down the most dog-shit covered promenade on the East Coast Riviera. Alternatively, pick the bits up and fast track out of here as soon as possible back to civilisation. (Recommended).

Here's the pics. . . . .

Collection from Withernsea, East Yokshire.

Regards Rob

« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 03:44:58 pm by G-fortified »

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
Re: ATV/Front struts/ECU for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 02:06:46 pm »
ill offer 50 quid for the box, the same price as one sold to DKnight recently (sold by Miller666), i was promised it, but was pipped to the post =[

Cheers Rob!

Offline G-fortified

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »
Thanks Saf...If all it needs is some oil then that's a pretty cheap box. Will let the ad run for a while and see how it goes.

Regards Rob

Offline xandyx

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 03:56:27 pm »
how much do you want for TCA's? do they have play in the ball joint?

greetings

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:59:37 pm »
could be the oil, but most likely to be the syncro ring on 2nd, which means it would need a rebuild, which is what id do, (send it to geartorque by my work), ive seen ATV boxes sell for 250 pounds, but in full working order - a rebuild will cost between 2 and 300 quid.

i hope you get the most as possible, but let me know the best offer you get and ill try and match it,

Offline G-fortified

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 04:27:45 pm »
Hi Andy...I would like to sell both struts complete and as a pair if possible for £70.00. As for ball-joint play I don't know. Needs a better man than me to check them out

Saf...Ok mate will keep you advised.

Regards Rob

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:45 pm »
surely a worn syncro on 2nd gear isnt going to cause jumping out of 5th?!?  It could be the hub needs adjusting on 5th which is pretty easy to do if you just remove the end plate.  But I know what Saf's point is, it's the gamble factor that is the issue.  I've bought two ATVs for £50 each which have been gambles, both had knackered diffs, one was also in bits.  So far the one that was in bits is doing fine, not tried the other yet, it's my spare.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 05:18:39 pm »
oh yeah i was having a blonde moment there. I've had a box jump out of 5th before repeatedly and 250 miles later it blew a hole threw the side of the case, the diff had been making awful noises car prior, no matter how many times i changed the oil, it never cured the noise, or the jumping out of fifth!

deffo a gamble and it would be silly to put it straight into a car without having it apart first!

rob - ive put my friend in your direction regarding your MH block, so we may take a trip up to you anyway!

ps the tca's and steering arms definatly look like g40 items as they have the rose-jointed inners, the balljoints are best inspected with the strut off, for condition of the boot and side-to-side play

Offline G-fortified

• Members
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 05:34:37 pm »
Thanks Paul....That thought went through my mind but I'm not that technically minded so I kept quiet to avoid possible egg on face syndrome. The box, as I recall, wasn't making any funny noises at all but just kept popping out of 5th.

Saf...thanks for your input.

Regards
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:37:28 pm by G-fortified »

Offline xandyx

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 01:25:31 am »
Hi Andy...I would like to sell both struts complete and as a pair if possible for £70.00. As for ball-joint play I don't know. Needs a better man than me to check them out

Saf...Ok mate will keep you advised.

Regards Rob

no prob.. in case you decide to sell them apart, let me know then!

greetings
andré

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 07:33:56 pm »
my  atv jumped out of 5th and was due to no oil and then it failed!

Offline G-fortified

• Members
Re: ATV (sold)//ECU (sold)/ FRONT STRUTS for sale-£30 each
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 02:10:32 pm »
bump

Offline G-fortified

• Members
Hi all. I'm having a garage clear out and still have the two G40 struts to get rid of. Before I take them to get re-cycled I'm seeing if anyone here can make use of them.
Make me an offer which I should,but probably won't, refuse! They are from a LHD G and collection only from Withernsea. East Yorkshire.
Hoping to find you all well.

Regards Robin

« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:53:22 pm by G-fortified »

Offline G-fortified

• Members
Re: ATV (sold)//ECU (sold)/ FRONT STRUTS still available. Provisionally sold.
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2016, 10:58:02 pm »
Hi all.....the pair of front G40 struts are still available. Make me an offer and collect from Withernsea, East Yorkshire. Seems a shame to recycle them.

Regards Rob

Offline physicsfool

• Members
Re: ATV (sold)//ECU (sold)/ FRONT STRUTS still available.
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2016, 11:13:47 pm »
Hi Rob,
Is it just the struts with no Driveshafts or steering arms?

I am in York and would rather add to my collection instead of seeing them melted down

Cheers Martin