Author Topic: 171bhp g40 for sale  (Read 4541 times)

Offline gti jack

• Members
171bhp g40 for sale
« on: February 27, 2011, 09:17:51 am »
For sale is my polo G40 in Alpine White with sunroof (non leaking) and electric windows, It's in outstanding condition and gets plenty of compliments on the condition of the car.
I have owned the car for the last 12 months and it has never let me down. The reason I am selling is because I fancy a new golf as the cost of things is going up by the second, I can't really afford to give this car the love it deserves.

I bought the car for the pure satisfaction of being able to say I've owned a pure classic car that still to this day stands it's corner.
I've always wanted one from the day I saw one at a VW show.

The car Had a full engine rebuild approx 4 years ago by a chap who worked for Hereford Volkswagen. The engine was sent to Jabbasport for a full gas flow build and head work.

The car was owned by Catherine Andrews a few years ago off Club GTI, of which she had the car featured on a 4 page display in Volkswagen Driver Magazine, of which I have a copy of!!

The car is in mint condition underneath and outside. I am a professional detailer in my spare time, and on the 10/01/2011 the car had a full paint correction detail carried out using only the best products on the Market, so rest assured the car really is gleaming.

I work for Volkswagen in Worcester as a service advisor so anything that EVER needs doing has been done regardless of cost as I get the bits cheap (benefits of working for Volkswagen!)

The car has proved 171hp and 1/4 time of -14 seconds at Santa pod (this was before the ppp manifold was fitted) to say it flies is a REALL understatement.

The car has a full folder full of receipts from, tyres,discs and pads,bushes,charger rebuilds etc etc
I have recently fitted some genuine G-lader ARB blocks, I have had 4 brand new Yokohama a539 tyres put on of wich cost me over £300 (have recipt)
I have also just put a full 12 months mot on the car.

There is way to much stuff to list but I'll list the recent, and what I would say "major" bits

•4 brand new tyres
•12 months mot
•I will put 6 months tax on the car
•A mega full service; plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, temp sensor, thermostat, etc etc
•New cambelt and water pump with full brand new plastic gaurds for the belts
•New lambda sensor
•Intercooler mounting kit
•Supercharger belts
•Brake lines
•New radiator
•PPP exhaust manifold (including gasket)
•New vacume valve and hose
•Recent new full 3 inch exhaust system (whole exhaust has cost me about £1100
•Will come with a fitted BI-XENON HID kit
•New alpine bluetooth cd player with iPod lead

Plus lots more, but I cant remember it all! please note that for all of the above I do still have the recipts for in the massive folder of history.

I do have most of the charger rebuild recipts of wich the last charger rebuld was done on 10/01/2010 at 114k

Now the car has no dents, dings scuffs on it...it really is mint and I can only hope that whoever buys my car will treat the car as I have.

For sale is my polo G40 in Alpine White with sunroof (non leaking) and electric windows, It's in outstanding condition and gets plenty of compliments on the condition of the car.
I have owned the car for the last 12 months and it has never let me down. The reason I am selling is because I fancy a new golf as the cost of things is going up by the second, I can't really afford to give this car the love it deserves.

I bought the car for the pure satisfaction of being able to say I've owned a pure classic car that still to this day stands it's corner.
I've always wanted one from the day I saw one at a VW show.

The car Had a full engine rebuild approx 4 years ago by a chap who worked for Hereford Volkswagen. The engine was sent to Jabbasport for a full gas flow build and head work.

The car was owned by Catherine Andrews a few years ago off Club GTI, of which she had the car featured on a 4 page display in Volkswagen Driver Magazine, of which I have a copy of!!

The car is in mint condition underneath and outside. I am a professional detailer in my spare time, and on the 10/01/2011 the car had a full paint correction detail carried out using only the best products on the Market, so rest assured the car really is gleaming.

I work for Volkswagen in Worcester as a service advisor so anything that EVER needs doing has been done regardless of cost as I get the bits cheap (benefits of working for Volkswagen!)

The car has proved 171hp and 1/4 time of -14 seconds at Santa pod (this was before the ppp manifold was fitted) to say it flies is a REALL understatement.

The car has a full folder full of receipts from, tyres,discs and pads,bushes,charger rebuilds etc etc
I have recently fitted some genuine G-lader ARB blocks, I have had 4 brand new Yokohama a539 tyres put on of wich cost me over £300 (have recipt)
I have also just put a full 12 months mot on the car.

There is way to much stuff to list but I'll list the recent, and what I would say "major" bits

•4 brand new tyres
•12 months mot
•I will put 6 months tax on the car
•A mega full service; plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, temp sensor, thermostat, etc etc
•New cambelt and water pump with full brand new plastic gaurds for the belts
•New lambda sensor
•Intercooler mounting kit
•Supercharger belts
•Brake lines
•New radiator
•PPP exhaust manifold (including gasket)
•New vacume valve and hose
•Recent new full 3 inch exhaust system (whole exhaust has cost me about £1100
•Will come with a fitted BI-XENON HID kit
•New alpine bluetooth cd player with iPod lead

Plus lots more, but I cant remember it all! please note that for all of the above I do still have the recipts for in the massive folder of history.

I do have most of the charger rebuild recipts of wich the last charger rebuld was done on 10/01/2010 at 114k

Now the car has no dents, dings scuffs on it...it really is mint and I can only hope that whoever buys my car will treat the car as I have.

It has always been run on V-power

Now for the bad bits;

The clocks in the car were changed at one point when the person bofore me owned, it as the servos stop working in the back of the clocks (this is common) there is about 12-10k diffence in miles from what they read wich at the moment is around 121k (used daily.

The front seat belts don't retract fully all the time (never really botherd me as the car is nearly 20 years old)

Drivers bolster is starting to show its age by scuffing slightly (seats can be bought for -£100)

There is a traped breather for the fuel tank so sometimes takes ages to fill with fuel (this was from when it had a new tank)

The interior has its rattles from door cards etc but can be easily sorted (Hasn't really botherd me enough as all my cars have had rattles)

The battrey tray has got a 4 inch rust hole, again very common on all mk3 polo's and very easy to weld up

And that's it for the bad points!
Not much really but I like to be honest, and dont try and use the above as an excuse to try and knock me down on price as I will just walk away.
I would rather keep the car for another 20 years instead of selling her for pennies.

This is a real classic car and is in gleaming condition and has been pamperd all of it's life.

No tyre kickers or Timewasters.
and im in no real rush to sell.

Price wise I'll say - £2600 ono

Not after any P/X as I need the cash for the golf

Any questions please just ask or give me a call.

Thanks for looking

Offline gti jack

• Members
Re: 171bhp g40 for sale
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 09:30:29 am »

Offline gti jack

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 09:12:36 pm »
Remember guys this price is Ono
Look at the pictures

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 12:40:50 pm »
This is a very nice car, and -14 secs is a respected time..
Worth the money in my opinion good luck with the sale..

Offline gti jack

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 10:05:05 pm »
Sold