Author Topic: Toothed belt and pulleys kit dimensions  (Read 2220 times)

Offline ereeiz

• Members
Toothed belt and pulleys kit dimensions
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:58:56 am »
Hello, would anyone be able to give me any specs for a toothed belt kit? I'm interested in the pulleys really as I found out I can get them through work, so am interested in going down this route as an experiment if it works out cheap enough!

Ta.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: Toothed belt and pulleys kit dimensions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 12:07:14 pm »
InsightG40's got a set up for sale at this time, give him a bell.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 01:07:13 pm »
I was hoping more for technical diagrams on the off chance someone has some I can refer to :P Thanks for the suggestion though.

Also, i found a thread where different grades and different coatings were being applied to the Ali, can't find it now. Anyone got any advice for that?

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 01:50:04 pm »
I've been looking into some remakes of the PSD pulleys - I don't have technical diagrams and I can't imagine anyone else having them unfortunately. Normal over the counter pulleys in the sizes are pretty much steel only - to get suitable pulleys for the job they need to be specially made.
As for the aluminium. I have been struggling to find the best one for cheap. Options are a soft Ali with a hard anodised finish, or a harder Ali with a regular anodised finish on them. This is where I'm stuck on it.