Author Topic: Suspension - springs, shocks, and coilovers.  (Read 13312 times)

Offline Phil

• Members
Suspension - springs, shocks, and coilovers.
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:08:45 am »
Springs and shocks

TA Technix

Budget german suspension kit, 4 uprated and shortened shocks, lowered springs available in -40, 60, or 80mm. Adjustable rear spring platform for ride height adjustment, about as good as your going to get without spending more than double. 2 year warranty - £140 delivered inc free top mounts.

4 Uprated shocks - £105 delivered.
Lowered spring kit - £70 delivered.
2 Front or rear shocks - £70 delivered.

Weitec

Weitec offer the same 40mm, 60mm, and 60/40 spring kits.

£136 delivered.

Weitecs spring and shock kits available in the heights above.

£308 delivered for the 40mm and 60/40mm, but the 60/60 kit is £324 delivered.

Picture is a generic picture.

KW

KW Spring kit - 40mm, 60mm, or 60/40mm

£147 delivered.

KW Spring and shock kit available at the heights above.

£370 delivered. (£47 off RRP)

Picture is a generic picture.

Bilstein

Bilstein B12 spring and shock kit. This will lower a G40 20mm, and a normal polo 35mm. An excellent kit with what is probably the best ride quality around. This combines the B8 shocks with eibach springs.

£470 delivered.

Bilstein B13 spring and shock kit. This will lower a G40 45mm, and a normal polo 60mm. An excellent kit with what is probably the best ride quality around. This combines the B8 shocks with KW springs.

£470 delivered.

Just shocks...

Front pair of B8s are £210 delivered
Front pair B6s are £206 delivered

Rear B8s are £144 delivered
Rear B6s are £140 delivered

4x B8s £344
4x B6s £336

Coilovers

TA Technix coilovers

Custom made strut requiring no strut exchange, height adjustable coilovers all round, very large drop if need be. TUV approved, good ride quality, lowered steering arm which helps reduce bump steer. £465 delivered.

Gaz

Gaz adjustable coilovers, custom made from your old front struts (may be able to arrange exchange/spare struts) Bump and rebound adjustable on a 3:1 ratio, custom spring ratings to suit your needs. They come with a 2 year warranty, the rears have been chrome nickel plated, and the fronts black zinc coated. £695.

Gaz adjustable front shocks, these are standard size so fit into a normal strut and the piston has been shortened to suit a 60-90mm drop. Ride quality will improve, and they are bump and rebound top adjustable on a 3:1 ratio like the coilover units. £185 delivered.

KW

KW V1 Coilovers. You can either send KW your struts in Germany to make these, or pay a surcharge (near £400!) And get that back when you send your struts in.

£894 delivered.

Others

Budget rear coilovers, very stiff, good for stopping those wide rear wheels rubbing! £120 delivered.

Super Pro polybushes, usually next day delivery -

Front lower arm set, inner and outter (both sides) - £65
Anti Roll Bar to chassis - £20
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 03:06:38 pm by Phil »

Offline G40 loon

• Members
Re: Suspension - springs, shocks, and coilovers.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 07:46:43 pm »
Budget german suspension kit, 4 uprated and shortened shocks, lowered springs available in -40, 60, or 80mm. Adjustable rear spring platform for ride height adjustment, about as good as your going to get without spending more than double. 2 year warranty - £140 delivered.
how do i pay i'd like a 60mm budget kit  ;D
4 Uprated shocks - £105 delivered.
Lowered spring kit - £70 delivered.
2 Front or rear shocks - £70 delivered.

Spax adjustable kits - coming soon

H&R cup kit, 40 or 60mm, excellent kit, much better ride quality - £445 delivered

TA technix coilovers, custom made strut requiring no strut exchange, height adjustable coilovers all round, very large drop if need be. TUV approved, good ride quality, lowered steering arm which helps reduce bump steer. £490 delivered.

Gaz adjustable coilovers, custom made from your old front struts (may be able to arrange exchange/spare struts) Bump and rebound adjustable on a 3:1 ratio, custom spring ratings to suit your needs. They come with a 2 year warranty, the rears have been chrome nickel plated, and the fronts black zinc coated. £695.

Gaz adjustable front shocks, these are standard size so fit into a normal strut and the piston has been shortened to suit a 60-90mm drop. Ride quality will improve, and they are bump and rebound top adjustable on a 3:1 ratio like the coilover units. £185 delivered.

Budget rear coilovers, very stiff, good for stopping those wide rear wheels rubbing! £120 delivered.

Super Pro polybushes, usually next day delivery -

Front lower arm set, inner and outter (both sides) - £65
Anti Roll Bar to chassis - £20

Offline Phil

• Members
Re: Suspqnsion - springs, shocks, and coYlovers.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 12:27:17 am »
Payments usually through paypal orbank transfer, give me a PM if Iou'd like to order a kit.

Offline mario-g40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2012, 09:27:16 am »
Payments usually through paypal or bank transfer, give me a PM if you'd like to order a kit.
hello,phil is it possible to take just the rear coilovers from gaz from the set for 695£ possible to send to belgium?whats the price? I have kw v2 inoxline coilovers but on off the rear is gone

Offline beatboxG40

• Members
  • lader baby
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:34:15 am »
ive heard psd were flogging the ta kits for 350, what happened to that price, when did polo suspension go mad expensive :(

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 07:41:01 am »
Errr, PSD hadn't been trading for a number of years when the TA coilovers came out...

You're not getting confused with Polo Performance Services, who used to offer to convert your front struts to coilovers for £350?

Offline gaz g40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 06:06:21 pm »
can you still supply the GAZ coilovers? can send you my struts as cars off the road

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:05:39 pm »
I can indeed. Think I'm all out of spare sets of struts though. Will have a check.

Can also now get KW's, will get a price listing up asap.

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 05:38:14 pm »
Hey phil I've just taken off my rear Koni shocks and they are fooked any advice on witch ones to go for now , and can you still get em ? Thanks if it's worth it I may go with full set all round
, it's a road car but driven a bit hard lol cheers

Offline Phil

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 07:39:45 pm »
If you like the Koni's I can point you in the direction of someone who will rebuild them, or I can do Gaz's rear shock which has bump adjustment as well as the rebound adjustment you get on the Koni's.

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 07:50:17 pm »
Hey do you have any idea on price for a rebuild of both on the rear if it's worth it I may aswell get them done remember I'm in Bedfordshire thanks

Offline Ben.lopo

• Members
  • Cereal
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 08:01:50 pm »
Thinking about it more how much can you get gaz with springs? Thanks