Author Topic: wanna get my car set up properly  (Read 4580 times)

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
wanna get my car set up properly
« on: March 16, 2008, 06:20:31 pm »
there is a tuners local to me who have been in the business for around 30 years.  i have used them before on my old cars and have always been happy, but being my g40 im a little worried sending it in.  should i be?  i just want to get the timing and everything checked out to chceck all is well.  anyone else sent theirs to a tuners to be set up properly and what did they do?  is it worth it?

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: wanna get my car set up properly
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:34:08 pm »
[quote pid=380 author=supercharged spaniel date=1205691631]there is a tuners local to me who have been in the business for around 30 years.  i have used them before on my old cars and have always been happy, but being my g40 im a little worried sending it in.  should i be?  i just want to get the timing and everything checked out to chceck all is well.  anyone else sent theirs to a tuners to be set up properly and what did they do?  is it worth it?[/quote]

It doesn't take a mechanical genius to set up timing etc. I say go with somebody YOU can recommend rather than to somebody who was recommended to you.

With a G40 there is not much to 'set-up' in the say way as a digifant, like in a GT. If you wanted the car to run spot on then look into a remap, if you haven't already. Would say give it a good service but your cars spot on

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Re: wanna get my car set up properly
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 11:40:27 am »
[quote pid=381 author=giorgio date=1205710448][quote pid=380 author=supercharged spaniel date=1205691631]there is a tuners local to me who have been in the business for around 30 years.  i have used them before on my old cars and have always been happy, but being my g40 im a little worried sending it in.  should i be?  i just want to get the timing and everything checked out to chceck all is well.  anyone else sent theirs to a tuners to be set up properly and what did they do?  is it worth it?[/quote]

It doesn't take a mechanical genius to set up timing etc. I say go with somebody YOU can recommend rather than to somebody who was recommended to you.

With a G40 there is not much to 'set-up' in the say way as a digifant, like in a GT. If you wanted the car to run spot on then look into a remap, if you haven't already. Would say give it a good service but your cars spot on[/quote]

G40 is digifant...