Author Topic: avoid this ebay seller - lizzyduncan  (Read 2817 times)

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
avoid this ebay seller - lizzyduncan
« on: February 02, 2011, 03:36:07 pm »
Hi all,

won a rollcage on ebay for 156 quid

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190494280732&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570%26_nkw%3D190494280732%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Item number 190494280732

paid by paypal and was sent a refund followed by this message

hiya,
really not happy with how much the cage sold for. as you know this is a sauht after cage. i did put a buy it now of 300 and a reserve of 200, i am in the proces of trying to sort this with ebay. i have no option but to re-list the item especially as i am not willing to wait a month for payment or collection.
sorry for the inconvenience. if you are serious about buying this cage then pleas bid again on the next auction! thanks

i can have someone collect as they live close by to her, it just seems that she is unable to use ebay, and set a reserve price, and wants more than she got for the cage.

I would appreciate if you guys were considering buying the cage, to boycott the auction please.

also note she is selling a project GT coupe, for 850 pounds.

obviously something in the water in wales!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: avoid this ebay seller - lizzyduncan
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:54:34 pm »
report it to ebay

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 08:54:50 pm »
Dude you're buying a rollcage that's been in a crash!?!?

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 11:26:15 pm »
for 156 quid it was worth a punt, ive got a old boy welder who used to do stuff on oil rigs etc, who would be able to repair any damage and redo any welds, mind you im sure for not much more (im in his good books) he could weld me up a nice cage himself and it would give him some exposure to get more work done in the future.

plus it came from blondie too!

i can guess that a cage thats been in an impact, isnt going to take the stress in the correct places if it suffers another impact, however compared to a mk1 polo with 140+ bhp without a cage, id rather take the risk.

reported to ebay anyway, will see what they say, no love lost if i dont get it and it gave rise to a comedy thread on club polo :lol:

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:31:07 am »
She seems spesh for sure  :)

The safety devices cages have tabs for the bars to bolt into, I'd have thought these would be bent/damaged- but ask Heg, I'm sure he'd know, if it's cheap and you can repair it, worth a punt.

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 10:26:42 am »
yeh heg said he would guide me through the install, said even before it was crashed, it was a pain to fit! but he was confident that it was able to be used again, he would have thrown it away otherwise, hes not a pikey unlike me!

might have to take the mk1 on a trip to him when its on the road so we can have a weekend of fitting it, the welsh roads round him are mint

Offline Richg40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 08:14:32 pm »
Dude i've got some tent poles that are bent in the shed you can have for 156 beans?

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 12:12:07 am »
Dude i've got some tent poles that are bent in the shed you can have for 156 beans?

uber lol