Author Topic: My gearbox mount cracked!!  (Read 10229 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: My gearbox mount cracked!!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 05:36:11 pm »
Jezz just send him an email, sure he will replace it and it'l be fine.

Will get in contact with him tonight.

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 05:40:42 pm »
Stuarts a legend tbh, he'll do anything for you. Got my girlfriend a subframe which was his old design, we paid for postage his way and he completely upgraded everything to the new spec and sprayed it for free. He also paid for the postage back too.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 05:44:16 pm »
Just checked the mileage from when it was fitted and it was fitted at 101685 and i have just done 108025.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 08:09:37 pm »
the PPP frame fitted on the G40 was fitted for a good few years and bar some scuffs on the bottom from bottoming out, all welds looked OK but tbh i didnt investigate too much.

I jet-washed it yesterday and gave it a close visual inspection. Apart from some scuffs to the paint which resulted in some surface rust, it's in very good shape! Before seeing the frame I had thought I might need to change the rose joints - after all it's seen a few year's service so far. But once cleaned it's apparent they're almost perfect! A decent rub down, coat of paint, re-grease and new rose joint boots (old ones still live on though on Saf's new subframe) and it'll be ready for another few years service ;D

Offline grungeisdead

• Members
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 08:15:23 pm »
ive got my new boots now mate, will send the old ones over when i can, however one has a hairline split, so it may be worth spending the 6-7 quid and getting a new pair from rally design. will send em over anyway

rose-joints should last an eternity if not exposed to the elements

good to hear its in top nick mate, took a few scrapes in my ownership getting down adams farm track, but like you say, still looks cracking. looking forward to ya reporting back when its fitted! bet youll be grinning like a cheshire cat!

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2011, 08:18:58 pm »
Saying that ive had really good service from pps, although next time i buy ill be going ppp. The ground clearance just wasnt enough on the one i had on mine from pps even though the one i got my girlfriend was more shallow. Having the added adjustable camber is a winner too

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2011, 09:27:21 pm »
ive got my new boots now mate, will send the old ones over when i can, however one has a hairline split, so it may be worth spending the 6-7 quid and getting a new pair from rally design. will send em over anyway

Don't worry mate - no need to send them on. I've already ordered replacements. Though they might as well be replaced, especially as they're so cheap. Can't wait to fit it now :)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 10:42:04 pm »
Emailed stuart this evening and got a reply:

Hi James,
No worries, I will send you another asap,and I will make sure all the welds
are spot on,
All I can do is apologise mate, can you send me your address again.
Thanks, Stuart.

Nice to get a reply fast and know that as etches said he'll do anything as i think he would.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2011, 07:01:51 pm »
hmm cracking gearbox mounts does not sound good! i know what its like for a greabox rear mount to fail and its not nice.

my mates G when i was driving the rear mount failed witch made the engine jolt forword as i was driving hard at the time witch pulled the exhaust apart and disconnected the throttle cable then had to drive 20miles home with a very loud exhaust and with the throttle cable disconnecting if i was not very gentle on the throttle.