Author Topic: MK3 Polo G40 breaking, Hi spec engine, Shell etc  (Read 8401 times)

Offline miller 666

• Members
MK3 Polo G40 breaking, Hi spec engine, Shell etc
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:04:40 pm »
Right stripped down a well spec'd 1992 G40 then decided I'm only going to keep the suspension and brakes from the car. I will give a list of everything I can think of I'm selling, let me know if theres any little bits your after.

Firstly the engine:
Stage 1 spec Supercharger conversion carried out by jabbasport (receipt for £414 to prove)
R1 spec Supercharger conversion carried out by jabbasprt (receipt for £460 to prove)
G40 chip and pulley kit from jabbasport (receipt for £250 to prove)
Lightened and refaced flywheel (receipt for £58 to prove)
Has the Jabbasport induction kit to go with the Supercharger (£130 on it own)
Has a performance clutch of some sort, No slip what so ever. Bit more like an on/off switch!
Also has a chrome rocker cover
Has had the boost return mod done (Will provide all the hosing and catch tank I got with it)
I only drove the car about 5 miles home but it drove great, good smooth power delivery, no bad noises.
It did however have a bad 2nd gear syncro so I bought another gearbox for £220 to go with it
I also have bought brand new genune Engine oil (5L) from VW as well as 3L of gearbox oil and some G12 coolant that will all come with the engine

List of everything that will come with the engine:
Inlet manifold
Throttle body
Injectors Etc
Gearbox
R1 Spec supercharger
Distributor
HT leads
New VW engine oil
New gearbox oil
1L of G12 coolant
New oil filter and Sump plug with washer
Coolant pipes that run round the back of the engine
Alternator
Coil pack
ECU with G40 jabbasport chip

The engine has just come out a complete running car so can vouch for that it all works
I have for sale all the parts needed to do a G40 engine conversion apart from a radiator

The price for the engine as listed above will be £1000

Other parts for sale:
Intercooler £40 (one mounting stud has snapped on the bottom, was fine with one stud)

All boost piping: Plastic pipe that runs across top of the engine, pancake one that goes at the front of the engine bay to the intercooler, then the joining pieces £90 (willing to split)

Wiring loom (comes with an alarm that has been wired in including key fod and receipt for insurance proof) Someone has previously spliced in a CD player, I've cut out the wires as they were all spliced badly. There is also a set of gauges the previous owner added via a ISO connection, these plug into the loom then 2 wires for sensors in the engine bay are included £100. The alarm has 2 sensors wired in and the siren that needs connecting back into the loom as I had to cut it as it was wired through the firewall.  (£150 with gauges )

I'm happy to do a complete conversion package with everything to convert your car to a G40 with everything listed above for £1200

I have the gearbox that came with the engine. Has a crunchy 2nd gear (syncro needs replacing) Genuine G40 box, code is ATV
Sold!

Boost gauge, Oil pressure gauge and Air/fuel ration gauge £60

Body shell
Shell in Black and isnt perfect. The drivers side front wing has been covered in a Cheq pattern, when removed this has taken the laquer off the wing. The passenger side rear quater needs some work, looks to have had a repair piece welded in so will need some attenion. In the passenger side rear arch there is a small rust hole on the front side (pics included) Underneath there is some surface rust but no serious rust

Parts to come with the shell because i need rid of it:
Front and rear bumpers
Carpet inside
Dash
Fuel tank
Heater matrix
Blower unit (only works on speed 3, needs a new resistor)
Pedal box
Includes boot and bonnet, Both doors
Boot seals leaks
Steering rack
Comes with the G40 arch trim set, the insides have been trimmed down to allow for extra clearance
Mirrors
Door handles
Standard rear lights

UPDATE!

The whole car will now be broken so have 95% of it to go !

Suspension:
I have the Front struts and rear genuine G40 beam (built in ARB) to go as one
It has H&R cup suspension on the front (springs and dampers) and the H&R rear shocks and springs
I have a new wheel bearing for one as it was shot, also have 2 brand new top mounts for the fronts and 2 brand new rear beam bushes. The bushes and top mounts are genuine VW.
I'm asking £200 for the lot with the new bushes thrown in

Front brakes:
G40 front calipers, one is painted and one looks brand new. They will come with grooved discs and pads with plenty of meat left on them. They did have goodridge hoses with them, although the end nuts started to round, I will include these If i can get them off the car.
Im asking £100 for both calipers, discs and pads

Vw bottle cap wheels
Not sure what these are worth and have'nt got any photos but they're in good condition (photos tomorrow) but all the tyres have loads of depth on them
They're silver and have all but one centre caps
Not sure what to ask but will say £150

Thats everything I can think of for now. Pm me if theres anything I havnt listed that your after and I will let you know if i have it or not. To contact me either PM me on here or for a faster responce call/text me on 07830366187

Cheers

Oscar

More pictures will be up shortly, please not only the items advertised for sale are actually for sale not everything pictured! However I may have forgotten something to contact me about something your after if not advertised.

Items are located in Chesterfield, Derbyshire

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 10:47:36 pm by miller 666 »

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: MK3 Polo G40 breaking, Hi spec engine, Shell etc
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:00:20 pm »
Would you part the better gearbox? May be in need of one soon if i cant get a good prive for a refurb to be done.
what price and mileage?

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 10:29:19 pm »
Hi mate
Currently have someone interested in the whole conversion so if he doesn't take the lot your welcome to it.
I paid £220 for it so thats what Im after, but would rather it go in 1 with the conversion

Cheers

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 10:49:17 pm »
New items listed
There will be discount on any parts collected by late friday night.
Happy to do discount when buying more then one item.
Get intouch and see if we can do a good deal!

Many thanks

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:57:44 am »
do you have G40 TCA's?

Offline beatboxG40

• Members
  • lader baby
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 07:11:03 pm »
Hi has the conversion sold yet, if knot how much for the ecu and chip,
cheers
andy

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 10:37:25 pm »
Are the bottle cap wheels 14"? If so what tyres are on them?

Cheers

Pete

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »
The convesion is still here but going to wait abit longer just yet as would rather just get rid of it in one to make it easier.

Pete RE the bottlecaps, yes there 14's. I have a couple of pics but can go and get the makes of the tyres if your interested? They're certainly plenty of tread on them. Would be good wheels for winters etc.

Cheers

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:39:29 pm »
Quick update !

Suspension and brakes have gone
Broken box has gone

The complete conversion is down to £1000 for the lot

The bottle top wheel have now only got 2 tyres as I needed the other 2 for my golf. They are admiral tyres and have alot of tread left

Cheers

Offline dangerous-dave

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 07:58:26 pm »
hi mate im after a boot lid in good condition, a drivers door and a few interior parts ie window seal, plate that covers back of side mirror bit! and the metal trim that holds carpet down by the door! have you any of these mate
cheers dave

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 09:38:04 pm »
Yep got a good door and good boot
Will have to check on the mirror trim
I have door seals but the boot one is shot
Also have the plastic black trim that goes over the sill thats screws on
Do you want to collect or I can deliver for the cost of fuel

Cheers

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 09:09:24 am »
Ok pal I'm after the sleeve from the steering collumn,  its the black tube like part that the ignition housing slides over, how much mate, can collect

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 04:40:09 pm »
Ok pal I'm after the sleeve from the steering collumn,  its the black tube like part that the ignition housing slides over, how much mate, can collect

Thats still in the shell, will pull it out straight after work tomorrow
Say £15?

Offline dangerous-dave

• Members
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:25 pm »
what about a front filler strip thats colour coded and mounts under the grill just above bumper? i live in newprt s wales how much for all theese parts and you to deliver them?? thanks dave

Offline miller 666

• Members
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »
what about a front filler strip thats colour coded and mounts under the grill just above bumper? i live in newprt s wales how much for all theese parts and you to deliver them?? thanks dave

Hi mate
Not sure which mountd under the grill you are on about, can you explain abit more, picture?
Well its nearly a 400 mile round trip for me so would be about £60 in fuel to cover the cost
For the lot, delivered would be around £140