Author Topic: When buying a turbo new or used ?  (Read 2980 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
When buying a turbo new or used ?
« on: November 15, 2010, 10:28:00 pm »
Looking at getting a gt1752 just wondering is it better to spend £300 on a brand new item or is it worth a gamble of £80/90 with a secondhand one of eBay and risking it being duff or needing to get it reconed in the near future. Also are they reasonable prices to pay for a new and a used turbo ?

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: When buying a turbo new or used ?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 06:47:54 am »
Decent secondhand GT1752s are in demand as Saab 9-5 lpt models tend to eat them... So be sure to check out a secondhand one before buying. On the flip side, because so many people have to replace them, they're fairly cheap new!

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: When buying a turbo new or used ?
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:42:09 am »
Hmm well seeing as I'm buying from eBay probably best to go for new as everyone says good condition or "low milage" . Think these are used on diesels renualt lagunas aswell I'm assuming there likley to have a different a/r though dnt suppose any one knows it? If not I ca. Always use a Saab version exhuast housing to get the ideal hotside a/r for the same sort of spool as the k03 with 268 cam.
     Was Reading an old thread in club polo where somone mentioned that using a camshaft to delay or advance the spool up of a turbo isn't ideal can any one explain why to me?