Author Topic: Old School Shoot-out pics  (Read 48255 times)

Offline NeilG40

• Members
Re: Old School Shoot-out pics
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 05:59:12 pm »
If egroups turned into yahoo then onelist must have been the earlier mailing list.

Offline davej50

• Members
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 12:18:11 pm »
wow, that brings back memory's

The 2nd lot of pictures is the firts RR i turned upto off the g40 mailing list. just trying to remember where we where before yahoo, mailing list was somewhere else first.

That event was run but Matt Hayward

oh yeah cheeky git says we all look old.

Is that you Dennis? Remember me? Just signed up as I thought I'd see what was going on nowadays on here....Remember we also went on the RR up in Yorkshire soon after that, it was covered by PVW? Me, my missus, you and your girlfriend went out the night before.....

/Dave.
J407BYD 1997-2001

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 12:41:30 pm »
yes it is me, I remember that, thatGF has long since gone, but still got the G

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 12:44:58 pm »
yes it is me, I remember that, thatGF has long since gone, but still got the G

quote of the day!!!!

it made me laugh.

Over 8 years I have had about 12 gfs and about 5g40s.  Still love all of them (g40s not gfs)

Offline davej50

• Members
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 12:48:02 pm »
 ;D

Well, my G has long since gone, but the wife remains the same....

Offline DMWG40

• Members
I wonder how many of those cars are still going ten years on...

K204 DNV is now green of course and has the plate G40 LO.
I think my Genesis is dead in a garage down south somewhere...
The 3 Mk.2's are all dead...

*Edit*

It would appear that most of them aren't on the road. Some are sorned, some have been untaxed as late as last year... Grim :(
And my old Genesis is taxed :)

How did you find taht info out the dvla page ?

Offline DMWG40

• Members
Now that's a blast from the past! Everyone reckons Porka.net is the old school nowadays!

The donor car for mine doesn't get around much, I've never seen it in any old pics.

whos car was yours ?? who owned it ?

Offline DMWG40

• Members
interesting...some of those g40's would of been fairly young back then in 98. possibly even 4 years old!

Shailan always used to have the newest g40 if i remember rightly back then. Until those T reg ones came about who bought those I cant remember.

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:42 am »

/Dave.
J407BYD 1997-2001

I bought J407BYD off you.  Loved that car, much love and no expense spared on it.  Sold it to a lad in Guernsey, late 2004, I assume its still over there.

J75 TCF - track car, scrap yard in the sky thanks to AWT.

RichieK's white G L680 TRP (i think), was sold to his mate up in wigan, converted back to G40 G-lader, who restored it and sold it/selling it.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 09:20:37 am »
PeteG40 currently owns Richie's old car, he;s on holiday in cornwall in it as we speak!

Pete bought it off a lad who bought it just for the engine, so Pete went down, put an engine in it and drove it home.  It also now has black arch trims and half black bumpers so the 80s whiteness is gone.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2009, 10:01:33 am »
glad to hear it, the white looked a little odd. pete gave me a drive in this a couple of months ago and it drove really well, both handling and acceleration.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2009, 10:51:17 am »
I quite liked the 80s ness of it. It does also look good as is it now though.  probably better...but just more normal.

Offline DMWG40

• Members
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2009, 10:56:10 am »
Not sure if its my own taste or what I like, but I dont think I have ever seen a polo mk3 all in one colour on the bumpers that I like. I prefer either them standard or half colour coded

Offline stu g4T

• Members
    • Edition38
interesting...some of those g40's would of been fairly young back then in 98. possibly even 4 years old!

Shailan always used to have the newest g40 if i remember rightly back then. Until those T reg ones came about who bought those I cant remember.

That would be me!
I was back on the old e-groups too but lurked more than posted.

The G is still in the garage but it's in pieces and has been for the last 2 years.
I'm slowly getting it all back together.

I remember your CocoChanel G40, remember the first time I heard a G driven in anger was when you drove past Matt and Liz's place in Gosport.
I'd never heard what they sounded like from the outside!

Offline DMWG40

• Members

That would be me!
I was back on the old e-groups too but lurked more than posted.

The G is still in the garage but it's in pieces and has been for the last 2 years.
I'm slowly getting it all back together.

I remember your CocoChanel G40, remember the first time I heard a G driven in anger was when you drove past Matt and Liz's place in Gosport.
I'd never heard what they sounded like from the outside!

was yours the aqua green coloured one ? I think it was. I was picking up a white rear hatch door for my white one I think. never used it in the end
what one did i come down in the white one or the red one.
whats cocochanel mean ?
yes some are loud and make a noise you forgot when driving and how loud they are.
why is yours in bits for ?