Author Topic: what now?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
Re: what now?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 07:07:44 pm »
still the same, the interiors back in for the sale, just need to fix this gay rev thing! il get a video 2moro, and hopefully itl give you guys a better idea because i havnt a clue!

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 08:02:49 am »
Hmm, re-reading this. realised you said it wasn't revving up and coming back down, it was staying there up at redline, and starting engine it idles, albeit high and as soon as the throttle is pressed it revs off the scale.

defo check out your throttle body out for a sticking mechanism.  Best best would be remove your throttle body, good strip and clean, replace TB/manifold gasket.

Have you had a chance to look around the throttle body yet?

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010, 02:39:14 pm »
well, when it firsted happened it was reving itself up then down, then when i got it home and let it cool down etc and tried again it just revved right up and not back down. i checked the boost return butterfly thing and all seemed fine, is removing the tb hard? anything i need to do? or just undo the bolts holding it on?

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 10:48:51 am »
4 bolts, 5mm allen key heads iirc.  gasket may tear if its not been off before, but always good to replace that anyway.

Remembering back to days of old, i recall when i first fitted my 51mm throttle body that liam withall machined up (2nd prototype), chucked it on and it revved to redline.  Throttle butterfly was getting stuck at WOT, not always but if you slammed it WOT it would stay there.  Took it off, stripped it down and filed it slightly better and worked perfectly.

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2010, 01:22:33 am »
what so your saying i should take it off, clean it and replace gasket. whats best to clean it with?
i checked today and to edit my first post, it doesnt rev to redline it just shoots up the revs from a tiny tap on the accelerator, and i take the key out as i dont want it revving that high from cold tbh! but the revs do go high but not redline.

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
Try it without the boost return pipe connected first.

Offline newt

• Members
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2010, 10:57:07 pm »
is it more simple just like a sticky throttle cable .
when it next doeas it , swith it off and see wherethe throttle flap is, it may be off the idle stop, a small gap but hanging open will raise the revs,