Author Topic: Met Grey G40 for sale, extensive spec. PRICE DROPPED!! :-(  (Read 8571 times)

Offline demolover

• Members
Met Grey G40 for sale, extensive spec. PRICE DROPPED!! :-(
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:10:28 pm »
Genuine G40 for sale, Grey metalic,
MOT Jan 2011, TAX July 2011 (loads)
K reg 173,000 miles (do not be put off by the high miles, see spec)

Engine:
Block replced at 150k with a PSD one rebuilt at 100K included, new oil pump, new rings, all bottom end shells, seals, gaskets etc.
Schrick Camshaft with vernier pulley,
Ported/flowed head, new valve and guides, gaskets, seals at engine rebuild.
Thinner metal headgasket,
GT manifold port matched to head,
51mm throttle body,
G60 green injectors,
Jabba induction kit and heatshield,
Boost return mod,
PSD 4 branch exhaust manifold and full PSD 2 box exhaust system(Fully heat wrapped) with receipts for around £700,
Helix Organic Clutch,
RPM Tuning Cast Alloy Sump (no longer make these),
Mocal Thermostatic Sandwich Plate with 16 row left front mounted oil cooler,
Stage 4 full blend charger,
65mm PSD Alloy Toothed Belts,
G-lader serviced June 2010, oil seals and apex seals with fresh klubber grease and new gates belt.
Custom mapped at PSD about 3 years ago with all upgrade parts fitted.
Water injection kit plumbed in and built in to activate at high boost. Not wired in at the minute.
New fuel tank fitted not long before i picked it up.

Suspension/Chassie:

PPP Subframe stage three with wishbone conversion (£500 worth of the best chasis upgrade imo).
Uprated driveshaft with new CV joint.
Front Upper OMP Strut Brace.
Rear Upper OMP Strut Brace.
Eibach 40mm drop springs.
OEM Replacment Shocks.
New Rear Beam bushes(rear beam stripped, cleaned and painted late 2009).

Brakes:
256mm front discs with Audi calipers.
Rear shoes replaced 2009.
Goodrich stainless Braided Lines throughout.

Wheels:
14" BBS RA's with Falken ZE519

Interior:

White dials with custom blue back light and matching heater controls, 3 off matching white gauges '0-15psi boost pressure(with calibrated correction chart), oil pressure gauge, oil temperature gauge in radio DIN slot, AFR gauge and battery meter built into button blank.  Alpine headunit in lower dash cubby with remote control.
Roof wrapped by DKnight in textured black vinyl as lacquer on the roof had gone patchy.
Cobra immobiliser with two fobs, LED on dash.  New gear gaitor and leather VW gearnob fitted.
Supercharged badge on rear (The OE style one found on some corrados and G40's)

I got a mountain of spare parts including completely rebuilt spare bottom end.  Supercharger spares.  Standard exhaust parts. Intercoolers.  Spare charger parts.  A lot of stuff from the original engine should someone want to return it to a more standard spec. Lots and lots of stuff.  All included.

Bad points:
Few minor spots of rust (nothing anywhere structural), few tiny dents scratches but the car looks great for the year.  Roof liner a bit tatty at the very rear of it but could easily be sorted.

I have only had this car for just over a faultless and epic 2 months.  Only might be selling (which i will 100% regret) as in the next 6 months i will be travelling too and from London (based in West Yorkshire) regularly and have seen a car that would be more suitable.  The G40 is my only car and i don't fancy putting those sort of motorway miles on it.  

I have been driving the car daily and it has been an absolute beast and not one running problem or starting issue to mention at all.  If the car i am interested in for motorway marathons has sold before someone gets this then i will keep it.  It really is a sale of regret having wanted a G40 and waiting for the right one for about 5 years :-(

Due to the extensive spec, the fact that you would struggle to even buy all the parts this car has on it i am asking for £2500 no offers and no part exchanges  will be including the spares i have got with it.  Changed the oil (fuchs titan) and filter 20 miles ago and has had oil changes every 3k miles.

I'd make that money without any problem at all by breaking it but that is not even an option as the car is awesome :-)

(skull and crossbone sticker to cover a small scratch caused by something throwing something at the car whilst i was driving)

Pics:

http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t60/demolover_2007/polo%20G40/

£2500, no offers, no part exchanges.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 10:58:40 am by demolover »

Offline demolover

• Members
Re: Met Grey G40 for sale, extensive spec. Sickened i might have to do this :-(
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 12:23:35 pm »
Test drives encouraged!  :D

Offline demolover

• Members
Re: Met Grey G40 for sale, extensive spec. NEW PICS UP!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 04:11:32 pm »
NEW PICTURES! taken last night. Also took some vids of the engine running, and what the car sounds like. pm me for these of interested.

Makes me regret it even more.

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010, 01:34:26 pm »
Bump to the top and PM's replied to  :-)

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 12:32:50 pm »

Old pic from the previous owner of the cast alloy baffled sump and PSD four branch prior to it being heat wrapped (this picture was taken before the PPP stage three subframe was fitted):

Car really is a credit to Jason (G-spot) who is the previous owner and who has informed me that he will answer any questions on the history of the car if anything further detail is wanted. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 11:20:55 am by demolover »

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 11:22:28 am »
All pics put in an album for ease of viewing.

Few more pics and a couple of crappy running vids (just to show no smoke, rattles or strange noises). 

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 10:57:34 am »
Few interior gubbins that have seen better days have been replaced.

Bump to the top!

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 11:16:26 am »
Price drop to £2400 :-(  Definately worth £2500 but i have seen a motorway barge which would be perfect for my needs.

BUMP!!!!

Offline demolover

• Members
Re: Met Grey G40 for sale, extensive spec. NEW PICS UP! Price dropped :-(
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010, 10:57:52 am »
Right price dropped to £2200  :-(  Can't get my motorway bareg until this is out of the way.

£2200 with this spec is a bargain.

Offline Petrified

• Members
Re: Met Grey G40 for sale, extensive spec. PRICE DROPPED!! :-(
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2010, 11:24:12 am »
Absolute bargain. If I hadn't of reaquainted myself with my old G40 recently (not the one hiding in the background of the sump pic ;)) I would have been interested in this. I woudn't keep dropping the price just wait for the right person to come along. And they will come along.

Now is the best time to buy a G40, they seem to go for a bit more feb/march time leading up to the show season and summer.

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2010, 12:45:22 pm »
£2200 is the very lowest i will be going as there is no other reason for the drop in price apart from the fact i need to get a motorway marathon machine.

If i had the space to just keep the car and buy something else then i would but that really isn't possible and i don't ever want this car to be left, not driven and neglected.

I don't want to sell up but truth be told i should have never bought it but it was either buy one now or probably never get one.  This truned up and was just too good to miss.

Thanks for your input :-)

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 01:43:41 pm »
BTTT!

:)

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 10:53:24 am »
Bump back to the surface. 

Running great even on these frosty mornings :-)

Offline demolover

• Members
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 09:11:49 pm »
Car sold to a great home. Will be looked after for sure.

Thanks

Offline Petrified

• Members
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 10:16:50 pm »
Excellent stuff.  ;D