Author Topic: Saloon G40 conversion -Pics up  (Read 3374 times)

Offline Tom Garrett

• Members
Saloon G40 conversion -Pics up
« on: September 22, 2010, 12:23:59 am »
Just thought I'd pop it up, happy pottering about in te car at the moment, but will sell if someone wants it!

It's a polo saloon, I think the car had done 70 or 80k when I converted it, either way it was a minter of a car, not a spot of rust on it, I did the conversion about 3 years ago I guess, then sold the car, and then bought it back recently!

The original car that the engine came out of was a good car, and the clocks that were in it are in this, so the milage is correct with the engine which is 95k, I have both books for both cars and a little folder of history which I haven't gone through but there are reciepts for both cars in there I think......

The car has everything g40 specific, bar the wheels and beesting ariel I think, I swapped, all suspension, steering arms, rear axle, driveshafts, engine, gearbox, clocks, interior, I have even put on the g40 red bumper strips! It just needs badges and a bee sting too look like an original g40 saloon....... if that is you thing? I like it......

Just banged some lowering springs on it, so it is a bit flatter through the corners as I like that, but original springs are here and can go with the car! At the moment It has ronal teddies on it, the only set of wheels with good tires I have, but may not be your thing...... I can put other wheels on it if you want to bring your own etc??

Just get in touch about price, but it has 12 months MOT and pulls 130bhp, think there is a print out somewhere..... completely solid and just a few dings, nothing major, I'd like 2100gbp! let me know if you're interested!! pics up soon......

Took some pics today, put on the bbs wheels I have, If I get the money I'm asking I will do the cambelt and service on it, and am also gonna fit the bee sting, got one so may aswell....

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:23:47 pm by Tom Garrett »