Author Topic: not good news  (Read 2940 times)

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
not good news
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:30:11 pm »
just got back from the garage, finally got my car started by putting new leads on, but theres a horrible noise coming from the charger area. guy at the garage said my alternator is fucked and my 3rd injector is also had it, he unplugged it running and it made no change, unplugged the others and its a big difference. so first off any one got an injector they want to sell and secondly where can i get an alternator and what do i need? this car is an endless pit and i hate it.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: not good news
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:39:12 pm »
I have got a full set off standard injectors and an alternator that ran fine.

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 01:08:57 am »
how much do you want for both?

Offline liam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:14:45 am »
mate, i got my alternator reconditioned for £65 and it came back looking brand new, works wicked and looks nice and shiny so thats an option, ive got a set of injectors aswell if you cant sort any.

Offline sohailG40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 04:29:20 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate. Hoping you can source the parts off here, or else try ebay maybe? or GSF - or yet even breakers, local breakers.

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 10:58:00 pm »
yer parts are sorted now, getting them when money comes in at the end of the week :) but i know that after these new parts are fitted, the g40 will find something else to break. its been nothing but problems, everyones always telling me to sell it but i love it to much lol just put up with it i guess :(

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:19:23 am »
injectors sorted, thanks alot jezza, car runs nice now, took alternator off, back bearings are knackered, its getting either rebuilt tomorrow or there gunna get a stronger alternator to fit so it lasts longer, has this been done before?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 09:15:22 am »
No worries, glad to help.

Offline grayg40

• Members
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 10:09:54 am »
the g40 will find something else to break. its been nothing but problems, everyones always telling me to sell it but i love it to much lol just put up with it i guess :(
i get this too, there just to fun to sell when running properly.

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 11:53:23 pm »
rite..... so got the alternator rebuilt, put it on, started it up........ to the same noise of crunching as before, i shat myself thinking 'fucked charger' but it turns out the problem this whole time was the shit belts i bought! brand new belts the same size but the quallity was terrible and the teeth were a different shape and didnt seem big enough, the belt was slipping on and off and slapping about. so please can someone put up some links for good charger belts (1000 8m) preferably uk sites so i can get it quick. also anyone know where i can get some good ht leads? euro car parts had tdc as the best ones, i bought them, put them on and the car, it ran awful and cut out in seconds, mechanic friends said there terrible build and quite frankly shit. cheers for all help

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 09:12:46 am »
Get belts from VW, they'll be good quality and aren't that expensive if I remember rightly.  GSF is good for leads, get Beru or BBT ones, should be £30 or slightly above, avoid the really cheap ones they do.

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 05:53:06 pm »
thanks matey, my mates dad (mechanic) ordered me the best leads for it apparently, so il soon find out, and he spoke to a vdub god who ordered me a proper charger belt, meant to be super tough, all comes monday, fingers crossed

Offline liam

• Members
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 09:00:06 pm »
yer parts are sorted now, getting them when money comes in at the end of the week :) but i know that after these new parts are fitted, the g40 will find something else to break. its been nothing but problems, everyones always telling me to sell it but i love it to much lol just put up with it i guess :(
mate, ive gone through more or less the same thing and i bet your only pissed off because its hurting your pocket but it will come to an end and you will have a g40 with lots of new shiny parts like mine is now, and believe me you`ll be smiling again and saying it was all worth it. :)

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 12:54:48 am »
good to hear man, cheers for the chin up, hopefully il be smiling tomorrow when its driving

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:07:27 pm »
mate, ive gone through more or less the same thing and i bet your only pissed off because its hurting your pocket but it will come to an end and you will have a g40 with lots of new shiny parts like mine is now, and believe me you`ll be smiling again and saying it was all worth it. :)

i keep thinking that - 1000's later it still dont run