Author Topic: boost gauge pipe, were too!  (Read 3138 times)

Offline gti jack

• Members
boost gauge pipe, were too!
« on: September 02, 2010, 08:30:38 pm »
hi guys, ive had a search and found that i need to connect the clear tube to the vacume pipe, the thing is......i dont know were that is! ???
i can do the wireing just the pipe thats got me stumped, ill be greatfull if someone could post a pic of were to put it?
jack

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: boost gauge pipe, were too!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 09:53:18 pm »
On the fuel rail, at the left hand side, there is a goldy coloured regulator (i think thats what its called). It has a black pipe coming from it that runs in front of the throttle body to another thicker black pipe. I havent got a good pic on here unfortunatly.

All i did was cut it then put the t-piece in and connected the nylon gauge pipe.

This is the best pic i have.

The red is the regulator

The blue is the black pipe that most people use to connect it too, i have herd of other places but i have always gone this way.

The green is where my t-piece is.

Hope this can help?

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:29:07 am »
This might help you! not very clear I am afraid! Instead of cuting the original pipe to fit the t-piece I cuted the nylon pipe and fitted that to the regulator and the black pipe, to the t-piece!

Offline gti jack

• Members
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 04:04:52 pm »
That's awsome cheers guys, I'm just going to buy a autogauge smocked face gauge, when I change gear fast from 1st to 2nd I seem to feel a little lag and have to let of the throttle but I'm hoping it's the belts slipping, I'll just wire one in and see what's going on! Those pics are great cheers I wouldn't want to plug it in to the wrong pipe and mess it all up!
Jack

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 04:53:45 pm »
I had the similar problem ones and it wasn't a pressure leak! it was just this sensor being blocked! I cleaned it very carefully with some alcohol! just a thought

Offline gti jack

• Members
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 07:11:18 pm »
Just went and took a peep at the afm and it was clogged with oil and gunk, cleaned it with some brake cleaner and the car runs even better now! Still going to get a boost gauge as it does still do it, it's only minor and for a second but I'd like to sort it

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 02:02:49 am »
Brake cleaner was not the best idea! These things are rather sensitive! So don't try this again on a sensor! Another reason for the car to hesitate could be clogged injectors! Try some hi octane gasoline they usually have some cleaning additives to them!

Offline gti jack

• Members
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:18 am »
Yea I thought brake cleaner wasn't going to be the best thing so I resulted in crappy baldness bikehut disc cleaner, it's not to strong,
How do you take injectors out? Can I brake anything whilst doing it?