Author Topic: Where to find powerflex inner tca bushes. Also question about the gladerseite ki  (Read 2238 times)

Offline DazzaP

• Members
Have the steering arm out of the G40, and i've the Gladerseite kit waiting to go in, but it doesn't come with inner bushings for the track control arm so i may as well source these and fit them while im this far.

Bearing in mind my G40 is fitted with GT arms that don't have the rose jointed inners (gary ditched them as they were done) so it would be ones to fit the GT arms. Where can i buy these, i tried googling, and ebay but theres nothing to be found.

Also i have the Gladerkit split, and someone one clubpolo mentioned having to press the bushing into place on the arm, but surely the bushes are two piece to avoid this? The bushes will sit in the arm with about 2mm each side to be pressed in, but surely once the washers are placed either side and the new nut tightened up it will pull the bush inward on either side making it sit flush?

Cheers.

Offline DazzaP

• Members
UPDATE:

Found the inners on awesome gti, ordering in the morning after work.

My question about the pressing still stands though, thanks!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
if they're in two halves then you dont need a press

Offline demolover

• Members
Just sold a set of these on club polo.  They are in two halves with a metal insert so are a piece of piss to push in and take out by hand.

Offline MartinB

• Members
Aye ;)

Can get a pic if you'd like?