Author Topic: Hub mishapen  (Read 1669 times)

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Hub mishapen
« on: August 21, 2010, 04:01:28 pm »
Hi again all,
    Sorry to keep posting in this section just finished putting my suspension back on the car and I've noticed the nearside hub the part that sticks out and the centre of the wheel locates on is mishapen when I spin it I can see itrise and fall by about 1mm the same happens when I put the wheel on.
    Ive just replaced the bearing in the strut with a brand new one and only just refitted the strut wicu was a pain as the Allen head in the strut top stripped and I had to use a torx bit to tighten the pinch nut on top. I don't realy want to have to remove the strut again unless it's my only option.
   Can the defect be balnced out using wheel weights? What would it do in terms of when I'm driving it just shake the steering wheel like unbalanced wheels ??
   Is there a way to remove the hub without removing the strut? Pretty sure there's not but is there a way to remove the hub without destroying my brand new bearing ??!!

Offline cheys03

• Members
Re: Hub mishapen
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:04:06 pm »
Is the hub nut on to F-ing bastard tight torque? The bearing needs this to compress it to the correct position. Is the hub mis-shapen or not pressed into the bearing correctly?

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
Re: Hub mishapen
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 10:31:32 pm »
The actual hub is mishapen I can see it looks uneven whenyou spin it any more answers to my abouve questions please ?