Author Topic: What do you think about iridium sparpk plugs  (Read 2862 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
Re: What do you think about iridium sparpk plugs
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:48:30 pm »
They seem OK, but not noticably differant for the money. I reckon you'd need a spell on the rollers to spot anything.

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • GT40 - AE86C
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:47 pm »
For me the Denso Iridium gives sensable difference - smooth power, good idle, nice responce :)

Offline Justin14100

• Traders
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 12:30:23 am »
Not sure if the would be any better than the standard ones - more people should try them!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:51 am »
Expensive and not required unless running large amount of boost and nitrous.

I ran 22psi and nitrous with off the shelf NGK and they've been fine so far...

Offline poloeatonm45

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:17:08 am »
what ngk plugs do you use yoof? im running up to 22psi and using bosch w4dpo or something like that at the mo would i be better changing to ngk? also i can get ngk plugs cheap through work

steve

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 11:33:23 am »
What are those strange looking plugs you can get? Meant to be really good from what I remember (on a KTM forum mind, but a few people had them in their cars and said they were great).

I think they're German and sound similar to Bosch, Borg or something perhaps? I seem to remember they had a strange electrode, looking something like a  roll on deodorant I think?

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 03:17:41 pm »
I use BP8EVX- I melted a set of W4DPO, mind you I've also melted one Bosch one, but I think it was a bad plug.

ereeiz- are you talking about recessed plugs? Common amongst boys running huge bhp nitrous setups- some do start engines on normal plugs, get it warm, then swap. Apparently they're a bugger to start when cold, I've never used them myself though.

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 10:10:57 am »
I wrote the name down somewhere, I'll have to see if I can find it. Or just ask on there again, I'm sure I'll et the answer. I'll repost when I find out. I don't think they were ones you'd swap around, pretty sure you just fit it and leave it like a regular plug, but the spark is stronger due to the way it's designed (doesn't look like a regular electrode). This is all from my (bad) memory reading about them about 18 months ago.

Offline leeg40

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 11:50:07 am »
IMO avoid denso plugs, there has been a spate of cases were the ceramics have brocken down during use and caused verious amounts of internal damage and in some cases righting hi spec engines off, when denso have been contacted regarding the failure they have dismissed the problem and offer no help to the people affected, most drag racers won't touch them either, that tell's you something, as there's not a much more harsh environment for a plug than a drag engine.

Cheers Lee.

Offline GR40

• Members
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »
I am using iridium spark plugs. They last really long, so they make for their price! They do make a difference in power too!

Offline ereeiz

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 05:40:10 pm »
Brisk! That's the name. Finally remembered to post on the KTM forum asking :D

http://www.brisk.biz/catalog.php

It brings up a plug LR12SL but the pic looks like a conventional plug so dunno if there's any benefits over any other make there.

The plug I remember seeing was like the ones in the pics here; http://www.brisk.biz/page.php?page=2800 The blurb seems to make sense too but I don't know enough about plugs to comment either way.