Author Topic: Club g40 rolling road day 15th November - BOOKED  (Read 74967 times)

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Club g40 rolling road day 15th November - BOOKED
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2008, 10:39:21 am »
c'mon guys, we need some commitment here.  You wanted us to book events, we have done, now you have to turn up or else we are wasting our time.  It's the members (i.e. you guys) who can make or break the g40 scene (god I hate that word but I can't think of anything better) work.

Offline Dirrt

• Members
  • #actlikealadythinklikeadirrt
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2008, 11:50:18 am »
I didn't know there was a G40 scene  :D

Chris, are you coming to this?

I am gonna come, I told Pete I am 100% and I stand by my word... I'm just scared and not looking forward to hearing my baby scream, I don't think I'm gonna be able to watch :'(

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2008, 11:51:21 am »
it is a bit nervy, but they do treat it with sympathy (unlike some rolling roads) and you do see how strong it is!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2008, 12:14:07 pm »
It's all good fun and I do wanna know what she's rolling, I'll just be hating it :D

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2008, 12:44:16 pm »
yeah we've been at aldon for a few years both with club g40 and club polo and they are very careful with the cars.  Plus they know how to drive g40s now, I remember the first time we went there the young lad kept stalling them, then the year after we commented to him that he wasn't stalling them anymore and he said "yeah I'm used to them now".

They're a good set of lads.

In terms of being scared about them revving the car, it's really no worse than putting your foot down on a motorway slip road and booting it up to about 100.  They will rev it to whatever you ask them to rev it to.  So if you're not happy going right up (or even beyond!) the red-line then they wont do it.

Offline Liz

• Members
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2008, 01:14:42 pm »
I've got to get my tracking done first so not been able to 100% commit to going on the rollers until i've got that done, away with work for a few days so hoping i can get it done next thursday friday, should be ok though.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2008, 05:05:50 pm »
i just like the atmosphere really, i have never put my car on, i am far too scared to, but this time i will be so i can sit cowering in the corner with you dirrt lol

its all in all good fun, and if all else fails we can just listen to petes storys, he has so many, he really is like my grandad

Offline Liz

• Members
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2008, 06:17:24 pm »
I'm pretty scared of putting mine to to be honest although he has been on there before its still worrying, especially as i've done pretty much everything myself but never mind i have RAC cover  ;)

although im never one of the people that stand at the engine end just in case.... lol.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2008, 06:29:16 pm »
i aint even gunna drive mine on, im gunna get gramps to do it for me

im just gunna watch from the petrol station lol

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2008, 06:52:06 pm »
Rolling roads don't put any more strain on your car as a whole than booting it down the road (infact a fair amount less).

As said Aldon chaps are very good, listen to you first and then run the car, also will be able to tell you what you've run previous years. All being well my car will be there, although I've got a long weekend ahead of me!

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2008, 05:07:41 pm »
I'll be down on the Satarday to put my g on the rollers, but probly not staying for the lash up.

Offline Robin

• Members
  • 194bhp - 1341 Turbo
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2008, 11:05:08 pm »
I'll be there on Saturday to run the G, hopefully it won't shit itself on the dyno!

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2008, 12:03:38 pm »
Well i have the chager rebuilt now, have a week to do around 350 miles before ill put it on the rollers though, thinking road trip somewhere  ;D. Either way i will be there regardless come rain or shine.

Oh an whos was the G40 at Jabbasport this weekend then?

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2008, 06:44:45 pm »
I got a charger rebuilt by PSD a few years ago, slapped it on the car, drove 85 miles to brum and whacked it straight on the rollers. Charger was fine!

Offline Dirrt

• Members
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2008, 10:58:27 am »
Oh an whos was the G40 at Jabbasport this weekend then?

That was mine!
Now R1 fresh baby  :-* and £1036.23 down, eek!  :-\ was worth it though, I love my baby and she deserves it! I've done 350 miles in here since Saturday haha :)

Brian said a guy had come in and recognised my G, that be you then?

So who's is the G40 in at Jabba with a fucked 5th gear with only 58K on the clock?
You lucky it was stolen  :P

i just like the atmosphere really, i have never put my car on, i am far too scared to, but this time i will be so i can sit cowering in the corner with you dirrt lol
I am shitting it, but it's gotta be done  :D
Brian reckons I should be able to see 160 and he's gonna try and come along if he can on Saturday, though he is really busy
I'm trying to get my custom exhaust on her by Saturday, as that is the only thing that is gonna restrict her