Author Topic: Break Pressure regulating valve on standard axel  (Read 1947 times)

Offline 10pin

• Members
Break Pressure regulating valve on standard axel
« on: August 06, 2010, 08:46:47 pm »
ive recently bought a L reg GT that was being broken for spares so the rear axel had been sold and a standard one put in its place

i have put all new bearings, cylinders and shoes on a standard rear axel for it but when i put it in place i found that there is no where for the regulator to be attatched and as i havent seen a GT/g40 read axel so im not sure where it goes

i would like to know if its possible to just drill two holes for the valve to attatch or i need to get a proper GT/G40 rear axel any pictures or advice would be rad

cheers!

Offline GSBellew

• Members
Re: Break Pressure regulating valve on standard axel
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 10:39:26 pm »
Here is how the bracket for the bias valve fits on to the G40 axle:

The part number for the bracket is 867 612 355
The bolts for holding it to the axle are N 010 237 6 & spring washers N 012 241 10

You may be able to drill and tap the standard axle and bolt the bracket on.

Offline 10pin

• Members
Re: Break Pressure regulating valve on standard axel
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 10:47:17 pm »
Brilliant thats exactly what i was looking for! i just stumbled on that picture and the others of your axel by chance looking through the on-going projects section.

i was talking with my dad and we thought that instead of drilling and tapping it wecould cut the head of an allen-key bolt down, weld it on and bolt the bracket down

cheers for that!