Author Topic: Brecon blast  (Read 3559 times)

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Brecon blast
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:19:32 pm »
So, it's the first day of your week off work. You're in Cardiff (not Peterborough, for once) with a G40, a full tank of fuel and a few hours to kill. What do you do?

Well, I spent today tearing up the Brecon Beacons in the G40, with my mate Martyn in his Integra Type R. We racked up 240 miles, without using any motorways. Bloody awesome!

A few photo highlights, cos I know you guys like a bit of scenery...

Full tank of fuel. Check. Caffeine. Check. Off to Chepstow to meet Martyn!

After the Chepstow meeting point we headed over to Builth Wells, really fast winding roads for most of it. Stopped off for a bite to eat and let the cars cool down for a bit.

After Builth the roads got smaller and much bumpier, which favoured the Integra's standard suspension. Scenery was awesome though!

The temperature dropped right off as well, and we got high enough to hit a load of fog.

Stopped off for a dehydration/rehydration break and realised we were in the back end of nowhere. The roads were really rough by this point, some of them are WRC stages I think.

Then back out onto some bigger roads - smooth tarmac again and jaw dropping views.

Would've been rude not to stop. But I cooked my brakes pretty badly on the fast section, and coming into Brynaman they were smoking pretty badly.

Then we headed home - back to warm weather and sunshine. My car looks like it's been rallied - loads of sheep shit splattered all up the side.

All in all an awesome drive, and the car felt awesome! :---)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:54:15 pm by Alex »

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
Re: Brecon blast
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 06:53:36 pm »

Looks like a great day Alex. I've got a picture in that same layby as the one above from the other week when the Missus and I went camping around south west wales for a week. Brilliant road is that!

Offline Varley

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 09:08:18 am »
I've done these roads a few times myself, great day out!

Offline eppo

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 05:55:30 am »
nice pics! great country roads you have there

Offline Jared

• Members
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 04:09:45 pm »
some wicked pictures there man,polo looks sweeet nice drop aswell and the views are awsome plus im sure ive been along that road in the last pic :D im not far i live in brynmawr