Author Topic: Lance's G40 turbo with ITB's  (Read 37877 times)

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Lance's G40 turbo with ITB's
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 10:25:51 pm »
Very nice  :)

You got a plot against RPM instead of time base?

If you are making 167bhp @ 4347rpm then you're making 199lbft there too, not 214lbft. but my interpretation of this graph could be wrong  ???

Impressive work, when are you winding the boost up?

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 11:49:01 pm »
It looks like torque is 202lbft at that frame in the graph, 214lbft looks like a comment (manually?) added for the earlier torque peak..? Maybe..? :?

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 03:23:56 pm »
it didnt make 214lbft it is just the dyno cos it started to wheelspin. was just a quick power run really as i wasnt too fussed with just running it in. i donno if they'll be a plot agaisnt RPM yoof ill have to ask the fella that does the dyno stuff for me. i havent got a clue lol.

my gearbox is on its way out so am getting another box and lsd then ill be turning the boost up as well as finishing the rest of the jobs off.
was hoping to take it to action all mapped up but with the box on its way out looks like ill have to go in my mates van.

anyway once its fully mapped ill put i graph up and maybe make it to a rr day see what it does on a trusted dyno.

cheers.

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 08:36:34 pm »
Fair enough- time base is a very strange way of plotting data, wheelspin is always an issue with the Polos- if you can find a dyno with a 'torque bar' the more the car rises up out the dyno, the more force is exerted onto the tyres, stopping wheelspin. Also as you've got a subframe a cheeky rachet strap can be used to pull the chassis down without damaging any suspension components  ;)

Looking good, not sure if you'll see a massive benefit of the ITB with only a K03, but should give big number with a larger blower.

All mapped an ready for Club G40 rr day?  :)

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 08:48:32 pm »
yea mate i ratchet strapped it down over the subframe! without that id of been fucked! yea ill hope its all sorted and ill come to the club G40 rr day and see what it makes, ill be happy with 200bhp as i dont have a bvh.

am just gonna run it for a bit on the ko3 but to be honest there is no lag at all really so a bigger turbo is needed! think ill go gt2554r next but just make my own manifold and downpipe up. all my roth stuff will close to pay for it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 04:36:53 pm by lance »

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 10:42:01 am »
Great fab work and ingenuity for going iTBs, like yoof said get better results out of a larger turbo and better flow.  I had 45mm Jenvey iTB's sat waiting to go on my old one, defo the way forward.

Any reason or advantage why you opted to put the inlet to the airbox on top in the middle as opposed to the routine norm way of inlet through the side?

Cheers

paul

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 09:36:08 pm »
was just easiest place to put it in, all the throttle boddies have ram pipes inside the plenium,

cheers.

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2012, 03:02:37 pm »
long time since a update,

well i decided to keep the G40 and do what i planned on doing, thats going with a bigger turbo.
i found a gt2560r turbo an went about fitting it.

sold my comps as i fancied something a little different,
went with OZ route's

refurbed

stickers on and fitted to my very dusty G40

after that it went to my mates workshop,

made up the 3" down pipe v-banded on both ends fully tig welded,

fitting was rather tight,

fitted a few more bits relocated the actuator and wired the fans into the ecu.
also tig welded a cam cover breather fitting and hose to a catch tank.

on the dyno for mapping

and the result,

am happy with that. the turbo is a little big on the hot side so little laggy but not bad really.
it was also wheel spinning so johnny that was mapping it worked out its around 258bhp so all good.
bodyshop next for fresh paint.

cheers.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2012, 04:06:28 pm »
*gulp* impressive power!!

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2012, 05:28:48 pm »
Holy crap that's gotta be a bit hairy on the road! :o

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »
very nice.!

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2012, 09:33:35 pm »
What cam you got in this Lance, makes power very low down for such a large turbo. Nice power figure too!

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2012, 01:34:10 am »
its a cat cams, cam. turbo spec one. cant remember the spec's on it.(by the way am loving how yours looks now!!!) its a bit laggy but drives nice off boost with being fairly high compression. it made nearly standard g40 power at 0.3 bar of boost lol. have not even touched the vernier cam pulley yet. fitting a wheel speed sensor on the back left wheel for launch control next. maybe have to cnc the rear disk brake so it has trigger marks for the speed sensor

thanks for the comments.  ;D

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2012, 10:39:59 pm »
Be interested to know, mine makes peak power about 1200rpm higher with a smaller trim turbo!

Loks like it's coming along well, going to the Pod anytime soon?

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 12:40:33 am »
269 261, took a bit of finding online. 7606139 i think is the part number for the catcams cam.
hard to find time mate but id really like to get to the pod. id be more that happy if it got into the 12's!