Author Topic: whats the right product?  (Read 1647 times)

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
whats the right product?
« on: July 01, 2010, 02:30:18 pm »
hey, well my cars been having trouble starting, it wants to start but just wont fire up (does after about 10 trys)
so im thinking its something to do with dizzy or leads, as my plugs are brand new and that didnt change it.
am i best off replacing parts like dizzy cap and rotor arm or buying the whole new dizzy?

is this the one i need?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Polo_1.3_1992/p/Car-Parts/Engine-Parts/Ignition/Distributors/?403440131&1&55ce7775582b1eb9ef7e66ce8f22b1900965fdd1&DIST

and also which leads do i need?
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/k/leads/p/Car-Parts

would appreciate the help as its getting worse, well sometimes it starts first time lol and its mega embarrassing at petrol stations and meets lol
cheers

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: whats the right product?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:13 pm »
That dizzy is not right, there is no code matching the G40 engine (PY).

Best place to get leads is GSF. Most people tend to get Beru ones, thats what i have got.

I reckon your problem could be your hall sender. Its worth buying a dizzy of someone that has a hall sender with it. You could of bought mine but it has no hall sender.

Offline cheys03

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 05:06:28 pm »
Yeah this definately sounds like hall sender.

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 05:57:27 pm »
i read up on the hall sender and the symptoms and they do sound very similar, i cleaned the dizzy out, rubbed the spark points etc but it didnt do jack!, when i finally got it started i took it for an hours drive, it feels lumpy on idle but does even out when hot, it drives ok, but since owning it, it does feel like its lost power even though iv change the fucked alloy pulleys to steel ones and a remap chip in!?
sometimes its fine and sometimes its groggy and slow feeling. even though it did it before the remap chip and ignition timing, do you think maybe my timing has been done wrong? also after a while i started hearing a rather loudish tapping from the engine? even though it had a full oil and filter change last week? oh and also lol when idling i can feel like bumps and vibrations under my seat and through the pedals every now and then? sorry to go on and on but im trying to give you as much symptoms as possible.

could someone please post links to the right dizzy and leads i need to buy, much appreciated guys thanks for the help

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 11:25:05 pm »
need to get the parts asap as the gs my daily, could someone point me in the right direction with links please?

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 09:46:15 am »
Who did your ignition timing, and how did they set it?

What's the battery voltage like with the engine running?

What's the battery voltage read with the engine off, first thing in the morning before you try to start it?

Are you definitely running standard G40 injectors?