Author Topic: Spluttering - UPDATE 04/07  (Read 6809 times)

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
Re: Spluttering - UPDATE 04/07
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2010, 09:24:22 pm »
And the rest!

Coil, dizzy, W5DP0 x4, dizzy cap and rotor arm. Picked up the Quantum HT leads at BVF last year. Gave Nick 20 to fit the dizzy.

Even with GSF discount that's not cheap! :-(

But so far so good. I changed the coil just before the conversion five years ago and it's always had a slight missfire around 2k rpm. That now sems to have gone.

Gonna see how it behaves for a few days before I celebrate tho!

Offline wbaxter90

• Members
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:19 am »
this is very very similar to mine, ive changed everything you have except the whole dizzy, im starting to think its the hall sender, seriously doing my head in, its my daily so very annoying

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2010, 04:50:26 pm »
always nice when you solve a problem i have loads of spare old coil packs and leads and stuff witch helps to fix faults with out spending money on replacing parts that don't need replacing!

Offline Alex

• Members
  • Hack
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2010, 01:31:48 am »
Happy times still, I should add. It's been a fun week of commutes! :D

Doesn't feel as sharp as it should though, so I reckon the timing needs a tweak. It's not pinking so I assume it wants a little more advance and it should be fine. I'll have a tinker after work next week, just haven't had time yet.

But generally it's really really smooth to drive, which is nice. I'd quite like to get it in for a session of rolling road tuning at some point soon, which I might do the week of the Polo Show if I get time.