Author Topic: Whats needed to go eaton?  (Read 10974 times)

Offline polo classic

• Members

Exhaust manifold cast nickel
- K03 turbocharger from Audi A4/Passat
- oilhoses
- Intake pipe
- Alternator bracket or engine mount and arm from NA Polo
- gasket for manifold, turbo, exhaust and turbo lines
- Assembly material
- Fan belt
- downpipe
- catalyst 100CPI
- chip (psd)
- W4DPO
- hose from turbo to intercooler
- dumpvalve
- hose from oil breather to inlet hose
- hose from air filter to turbo (A4)

juan

Cheers, for the list dude :)

just wondering is it good value buying one of those kits minus the turbo or can i get it cheaper by getting the bits seperately?

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
The Rothe 'Kit 1' supplies you with the VERY BASICS to carry out the conversion, including the turbo Rothe supply for  1.898,78 euro which is approximately £1500 which is pretty expensive when you work it out. Bearing in mind you will really need a front mount cooler and other various bits as well. I have sourced most of the bits needed for a turbo conversion for about £700 so far, although by the time i have EVERYTHING i should think i will be looking at about £1200-1300. Have a look into trying to get a PSD K03 downpipe as there are some about still, try g-werks as they might have a couple left. Get a second hand turbo. Get a Rothe turbo manifold from them @ £240 delivered and then go from there. I think it will work out much cheaper in the long run!! Most will be happy to help on here if you get stuck or cant find something....

As for your question, if your standard 1272cc is in good health it will put up with a K03 coversion running satndardish 7/8psi boost perfectly fine... If you want to go bigger boost then ideally you need to think about 1341cc conversion with forged pistons and then you start talking bigger pennies!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 09:48:13 am by jez1272gt »

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: Whats needed to go eaton?
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 02:34:34 pm »
£499 for pistons.