Author Topic: Fixing Trim To Doors  (Read 5877 times)

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
Fixing Trim To Doors
« on: August 01, 2008, 12:20:54 pm »
Hi does anyone know the best way to attatch the black plastic trim to the doors? i've tried using somthing called tiger seal in a tube but its not holding and messing my paintwork up. any other ideas?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Fixing Trim To Doors
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 12:44:06 pm »
tiger seal isn't holding!!?  Obviously you need to keep it clamped in place over night and let it dry, it's not going to instantly stick.  I've used that to stick arch trims on and they aren't coming off in a hurry!  Masking tape should be enough to hold it in place while it dries.  The problem with using Tigerseal is usually to do with the fact that it's bloody impossible to get the part to come off again afterwards.

Offline DKnight

• Administrators
Re: Re: Fixing Trim To Doors
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 01:02:18 pm »
jesus i wouldnt use any of that, all brutal stuff, just use some double sided foam tape, theres loads of different stuff, the key to making it stick is cleaning both surfaces...

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Fixing Trim To Doors
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 02:37:06 pm »
ill give it a go with the masking tape the only problem is that the plastic kit is hollow so there's no where really for the double sided tape to hold on the trim.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 02:38:10 pm by tdh-syorks »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Re: Fixing Trim To Doors
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 02:55:27 pm »
hollow? It sounds like you only have half of the trim to me, as I recall the hollow part clips onto an inner part which is what actually sticks to the car.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fixing Trim To Doors
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 03:25:59 pm »
yep u got it in one. i'm gonna have to get some 2mm thick plastic lengths, glue them in to the trim i already have then attatch them to car with double sided tape i think.

Offline buster.g40

• Members
  • Old enough to know better....
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fixing Trim To Doors
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 11:20:05 pm »
3M do a 0.3mm double sided trim adhesive tape,try that mate.