Author Topic: Air fuel ratio gauges  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Air fuel ratio gauges
« on: April 27, 2010, 04:11:28 pm »
Im getting the stack wideband one this week but there are a few wires im not 100% about.

There is a WOT (wide open throttle) one but it says to be used with the WOT switch, that isnt supplied. Is that possible to get one for the throttle body?

If you dont have one it says to earth it, so really does it matter if you use it for its real function? I have read the instructions on the page suppleid from merlin motorsports: http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/images/instrumentsl/st3401instructions.pdf

There is also a blue and blue/black for data logger. It says "A 0-4 Volt analogue output can be connected to a data logger or to an ECU to provide real-time closed loop feedback for improved mapping." Is it essential to have that connected up, or can it be wired to the ECU?

Or if anyone has got this installed any help would be good.

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Re: Air fuel ratio gauges
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »
Thats an identical spec to my Autometer one. There is a WOT switch on the G40 throttle body you can hook up to. The two data output wires are for feeding in the values for live mapping hardware/software. Just leave em tucked up behing the dash until needed.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »
Thanks!! Did you wire up your WOT?

Not sure where it goes too, but wil have a look.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 01:44:35 pm »
got my gauge today and was wondering what to do with the wiring harness that is used for the lambda?

The gauge comes with its own wiring harness for sensor but knowhere for the standard harness to connect to.

Unless it doesnt have to connect up, but i thought it ran to the ECU?

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 02:51:11 pm »
Am i being stupid, do you have to weld in the bung that it comes with so you run 2 lambda's?  :-\

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 03:53:46 pm »
Yeah Jezza, you'll need to weld the supplied bung in to run the wideband Lambda.

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 04:26:21 pm »
Ahh thought i was being stupiud!