Author Topic: Green G60 injector advise  (Read 4502 times)

Offline G-spot

• Members
Green G60 injector advise
« on: August 01, 2008, 08:41:30 am »
Does anyone know if all green G60 type injectors are the same, I have a set on my car which are a little long in the tooth, and back when I got it mapped 18months ago Steve(PSD) said they were running on a bit, ie not stopping fuel flow straight after throttling off, hence giving a rich reading on the AFR gauge on the overrun.

I've seen a set of injectors on ebay that have been fully overhauled, but the part numbers don't seem to match my current injectors, so question is do I replace them with these or not??

The ones I have fitted have teh fiollowing numbers on then;
037906031D

The ones I'm interested in are;
F2LE-B2A

Any thoughts out there :nerd:  :nerd:  :(

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Green G60 injector advise
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008, 09:56:34 am »
this might be of some use:

http://www.injectorcleaning.co.uk/flow.htm

Your current ones are listed there as 255cc @3bar which is correct for standard g60 injectors.  

That other part code you list appears to be a Ford part (from what googling it brings up).  The "G60 Greens" that PSD used to sell were actually Ford injectors, usually a sort of grey/blue colour.  From what I can see those injectors (i.e. that Ford part code you listed) are 24lb/hr (can only seem to see lb/hr figures quoted - bloody Americans!).  But this equates to ~252cc/min so by my reckoning they are the same ones that PSD used to sell and will be fine.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 09:58:43 am by hayesey »

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Green G60 injector advise
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2008, 11:43:39 am »
Nice one Hayesey,
Yeah, the guy(think it might be PhilJ off ClubPolo forum) selling them said they where PSD supplied, so if the flow rate is pretty much the same, I needent worry about that issue, but it is the resistance match that concerns me, as I don't want my ECU throwing a wobbly.  
I didn't think about googling it earlier, have done now and there is approximatly an Ohm difference...?

Great link to that injector web sight, lots of useful info there, makes my home made rig look a bit naf really!! though that spice rack never made it back to the kitchen :D

Don't be alarmed with the lack of flow on  no's 2, 3 & 4, I was only operating one injector at a time.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: Green G60 injector advise
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 12:06:44 pm »
oh Ok, if they are PSD supplied then they'll be fine.  I have the PSD supplied Ford injectors in my g40.  I thought you meant they were just some random ones you came across.  Buying from Phil will be OK, even if he is a hairy Brazilian bastard :)