Author Topic: Spring help....  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Karlos1

• Members
Spring help....
« on: March 29, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »
hey all i recently bought a lovely g40, it is currently runnin chassis dynamic springs and i think its carbon avo shocks.
i had the car up on the ramp earlier and im a bit iffy about the springs. they dont seem so sit right at all. i mean the car was about chest height and while i was looking at the springs the rears dont sit on the base of the shock at all, and the fronts have cable ties on them. which makes me think cuts. but then again, cus are bouncy but the motor is pretty dam solid.
has anyone used chassis dynamic springs and came across this?

if it does turn out to be they are cut what sort of springs could i use while stil keeping how low it is atm? dont know how low it is its just sitting on top of the tyres on 15 inch rimmage.

oh and the mot centres over here really do not like cuts they prefer to just take your car off the road on ya :O

thanks for any help :)

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
Re: Spring help....
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:01 am »
Rears maybe not seated properly? I don't see what the cable ties on the fronts could be for though.

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Spring help....
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:32:28 am »
cable ties will be to keep the springs from falling out so it'll pass an MOT.  I suspect they probably have been cut if that is necessary with uprated shocks too