Author Topic: Im new....Hello!!!  (Read 7146 times)

Offline karmann

• Members
Re: Im new....Hello!!!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 11:46:21 am »
Looks nice well done

Offline Charlie VW

• Members
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »
Thank you for all your nice comments.

PeteG40 - No i havent sorted the water light out yet, the wires were breaking down inside the connector, like they had been twisted around,etc. So they pretty much fell out the plug Lol. But i joined them together and the light still comes on and flashes!!  :'(

A friend of mine is looking at it this weekend with a multi meter so hopefully we will find out the problem.

Also when i told you what sort of temps the car runs at and you said it was a bit low, well i found a receipt from a few years ago when someone took it to a garage to find why the low temps, they changed the temps sensors with no effect and put it down to a possible ECU fault, could this be true?

Hayesey - No i wont be going the polo show this year, we are going upto USC the week after with friends,etc. But hopefully we will still have it to goto it next year!!

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 09:33:15 pm »
if sensors are new and thermostat good - it'll probably be a rogue dash panel, my red g40 reads low compared to the other g40s i've had

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:46 pm »
low temp reading isn't going to be the ECU, probably a not very accurate thermostat.  They can be luck of the draw, I've bought new from VW and they've ran a bit cool.  A bit less temp is good for power though :)

Offline demoG40

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:40 pm »
really nice car man!

gt??  :D
hahahaha
sleeeeeeper!

that´s really good!

take care!

Offline 10pin

• Members
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2010, 12:44:45 pm »
Saw this today going past Waitrose, sounded rad!

Offline Charlie VW

• Members
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 05:08:41 pm »
Thanks for nice comments,

I took the clocks out to have a look what was going on behind to see if they were getting caught up, etc. Since putting it back in the light has gone out and everything is working fine, really starting to enjoy driving it now.

'G' smiles all round!!!!  :D

10pin we will have to meet up at some point and get some photos done!!  ;)

Offline 10pin

• Members
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 12:26:24 am »
Yes yes good idea! id like to have a look around the car aswell hehe
 my cars pretty shitty looking atm im in the process of making up a GT ive got a sweet shell just need to get my engine in it! send me a message or somehting if your free  :) !

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:54:42 am by 10pin »