Author Topic: Bias Pedal Box  (Read 6745 times)

Offline matthew85

• Members
Bias Pedal Box
« on: March 15, 2010, 04:03:26 pm »
Afternoon chaps..

What pedal boxes are people running? im about to upgrade the one in my mk1 polo, and obviously dont have provisions for a servo, so im looking into building a bias set up, but obviously there is a lack of space..

Thanks

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Bias Pedal Box
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 06:25:45 pm »
I've got a Tilton one but so far it's not made it any further than a shelf in my house.  I've seen others who have used the floor mounted OBP one which is quite cheap to buy, they have also moved the seating position further back which not only helps to fit a pedal box like that in but shifts weight distribution to the rear a bit.

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 07:40:56 pm »
i've got a universal bias box from rally designs, ive utilized the standard pedals, mounted the box in place of the servo and made up a puch rod bar to go between the brake pedal and the master cylinder push rod. The master cylinders are wilwood and the whole lot was approx. £140 iirc.  The only problem with this is that the inner master cylinder sits super close to the fuel line on the fuel pressure regulator so this will need addressing but i thought that it would be easier to sort than mounting pedals within the car, upset driver position and also easier to get to to adjust etc etc..

Offline matthew85

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:48:12 pm »
Oh man, im thinking about the universal rd ones, or something similar to hegs on cp..

the thought of a floor mounted box came to my mind and i am in the process of finalising the seating position so its on the cards, but all that means is more expenditure and more delay haha.

I need to weigh up the pros and cons....

Thanks guys

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 12:40:56 am »
jez pictures?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 09:20:28 am »
moving the seating position backwards is a good thing, I'll be doing that anyway :)  I'd probably be on with it now but my broken arm is stopping me from doing anything :(

Offline jez1272gt

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 03:20:35 pm »
Best i got for the min...

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/jez1272gt/?action=view&current=PedalsandBalanceBarBox7.jpg

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg3/jez1272gt/?action=view&current=Pedalsandbox.jpg

ill put up one with the inlet manifold in place so you can see the serious lack of clearance too. Cant find a pic of the link bar i fabbed up either but i will get some more pics if you want...

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 03:29:02 pm »
looks good more pictures always good! :)

Offline matthew85

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »
thanks for those photos....

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2010, 09:45:02 pm »
I experimented with this ages ago when i was trying to make my bay a bit neater.
i removed the setup after the cable clutch was shite - and i didnt have the resourses that i do now to put a hydraulic unit on the gearbox - or i would have kept it.

ok - i know its messy but i was doing some rewiring at the time on my dashboard and the whole loom was being taken out - hence the mess!

now sits in my "was a great plan at the time" draw, along with all my other daft ideas

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 09:47:43 pm »
I've discovered that my pedal box makes quite an effective bookend on the shelf in my bedroom :D

Offline youngprodigys

• Members
  • G 3URO
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 09:57:16 pm »
hahahahaha

Offline matthew85

• Members
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 12:34:50 am »
thanks for the photos

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 01:19:38 pm »
Wat are the Main advantages of an uprated pedal box??

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 02:07:00 pm »
It's all in the title really Terry. :D
It allows you virtually infinate adjustment of the brake bias from front to rear. Another often overlooked feature of an adjustable bias pedal box is it gives you options in brake pedal travel and weight due to the availability of different size master cylinders. This is important when you don't have a servo.    
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:26:01 pm by breadman »