Author Topic: Gewindefahrwerks  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
Gewindefahrwerks
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:13:20 pm »
Fitted these today while I have a little time off work.  8)

Ride is much more comfy than the Gmax springs and dampers I've been used to for the last 5 years. Tracking being done tomorrow, so will see how they compare handling wise.

Then its off to the dyno for some custom mapping on Thursday ;D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 06:15:27 pm by Nick_S »

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
Re: Gewindefahrwerks
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 06:20:11 pm »
What suspension is that?  They coilovers? made by KW.

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 06:25:47 pm »
Looking good Nick, I'd like to see your car at some point in the future maybe. I bet you can't wait to get the mapping done, target 200? Or is 195 good enough for bragging rights? ;)

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 06:35:27 pm »
Yeah KW coilovers. Not massively impressed with the quality, splash guard snapped studs left in and galvenised over. You would expect for the price of these things, a drill out and re-tap isn't too much to ask for....

Aiming for 190+ bhp on the first session.

Offline dub-disaster

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:17:46 pm »
Nice kw's nick. What sorta spring rates did you go for? Lookin foward to seeing the print out of your dyno runs :) 

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 07:35:16 pm »
You still going for DTA? Or getting Digifant remapped?

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 10:40:42 am »
DTA? Nah, the only aftermarket management I've toy'd with is MBE because my bro is pretty familiar with using those. Shall be sticking the Digifant whilst keeping with Lader technology.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 11:40:47 am »
Was Lance that's going for DTA, remembered you talking about switching to some aftermarket system - forgot it was MBE. Digifant should do all you need, who's mapping it?

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 08:41:14 pm »
Was Lance that's going for DTA, remembered you talking about switching to some aftermarket system - forgot it was MBE. Digifant should do all you need, who's mapping it?

Wayne Schofeild

Had half a days mapping at his place today. Didn't quite make the 190 mark, but 189.6bhp is damn close :)

Car runs really smooth and responsive now after he tweeked my exsisting map throughout. This was sticking with the 250cc injectors which had their duty cycle checked with an oscilloscope otherwise the red tops would have gone on. The G did break the 200 barrier but the engine det/pinked with some ignition map advance, so for safety its had vertually all that was removed.
Just got to decide whether to fit Aquamist now in order to allow more igintion advance. The trouble with having a CR of 9.5:1 :( Limits of the 40 Lader are begining to show too.

Well sound deadened RR booth

1.8 20vT Lotus (owned by the chap who built the UK rear engined mk3 polo 20vT :)) and one of Waynes track toys. Keep an eye out at Oulton Park for this ;)

Porka 993 track slut

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:51:49 pm by Nick_S »

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 09:13:50 pm »
lookin really good there mate, i can see water injection being a must soon then.
thats really good power for such high cr and a G40 blower on it!

what shows are you going to this year? id really like to see this car at some point.

Offline breadman

• Members
  • mk2 breadvan 1341 turbo sleeper (currently snoring
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 09:16:39 pm »
That's a great result Nick, you must be well chuffed with that.

Offline Andy

• Traders
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 09:57:20 pm »
These engines are very sensitive to a bit of advance, but running such a high compression means you hit det limit before MBT - something I've been saying for a while and something that Dave Walker ignores, but clearly Wayne at Chipwizards has some common sense.

Aquamist should help you net a bit more power - as long as you use methanol/water, not just water.

More boost time...  ;)

Offline Nick_S

• Members
  • 189.6 bhp @ 8psi boost
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 11:46:43 pm »
Yep pleased with the result, if only it had a CR of 8.5:1 though! The off boost driveabilty is emence, you hardly need the blower in low gears because it just takes off.

Will be at VWNW and BVF for definate this year, if you wanna have a butchers Lance?

Wayne knows his stuff, his range of clientele speaks for itself really. I only managed to get time in there through a cancellation, he's booked up solid for the next three months.

I have the Jekyll's small pulley to try after a charger rebuild, just to see how it takes to a bit more boost ;D

Offline SamG40

• Administrators
  • Take.... on.... me....
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 10:27:34 am »
Nice one Nick, is that enough power for now then or you going for more?

Would be interesting to see what it did at pod, get yourself down to springfest!

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 11:46:44 am »
good stuff!  So is it making 1 bar of boost now?  The printouts seem to suggest that.

John Sleath commented that mine was "like a moody race car" off boost but I guess that's the price I pay for not spending on a forged, higher CR bottom end.  I'm not fussed though since I've built the thing to use on a race track anyway.

Looking forward to seeing yours now it's all nicely mapped nick.