Author Topic: G40 Non starter  (Read 7283 times)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
Re: G40 Non starter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2010, 06:49:52 pm »
Wired a live to the five pin and now they clik and the fuel pump primes, the coil gets power but isn't sparking hmm

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2010, 04:24:47 pm »
Worth 20 quid pal, really starting to annoy me. It was the plugs the wrong way round at the coil which stopped it sparking. Now it's sparking and fuelin into the cylinder but still not starting , it drains a full battery quick trying which is also annoying all the vacuum pipes are connected or blocked so I dunno wots up really? Anyone.... I need this for ultimate dubs :(

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:42 pm »
rae - shall we pop over sometime and help a brother out?

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2010, 09:17:26 pm »
is fuel getting to the fuel rail?? have you tried priming the engine with the fuel hose off to see if you have and blockages? how much fuel do you have in the tank?

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2010, 11:04:11 pm »
After basically having a paddy leaving for work my mate who works at the toyota garage gave me a ring and i sacked off work for the evening from about 530 till 730 cleaning sparkplugs fannying with the dizzy timing she fired up, after a while ecu went into lymp mode not allowing her to rev at all, coolant wasnt coming out of the bleed nozzle even when open so seemed theres a blockage somewhere along the lines, seems to run alright without the temp sender in but getting a new one tmz, also seems that my 1lt rads blocked somewhere (which probably caused my gt engine oil to near enough boil and blow out of every orifice) wired the single speed fan into the headlights to cool her down but was still running hot. Tmz getting a gt rad n twin speed fan (after buying one of a guy on here n waiting more than a week). Also with the new temp sender should see her running better. She also seems to be backfiring but i reckon this is because the dizzy timing is massively advanced or thats wot my mech dude says it could be. MOT time and a good machine polish should see her ready for UD. Drove her down the road to turn her round and i much prefer her over a highly tuned gt :). Well worth the 8 month turn around. And tom fuels getting in fine just the mech timing was so far out it was just soaking the spark plugs.

Cheers boys anyways couldnt have done without CLUB G40 lads
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 11:07:23 pm by etches69 »

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 11:38:52 am »
Niceone. Well worth the wait. What day u goin to ud?

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »
saturday night, getting hammered n staying in close by hotel :)

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2010, 01:20:00 pm »
Hope it goes well, I'm giving this one a miss

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 11:42:18 am »
It's still running massively dog, changed theblue temp sender hasn't made a difference, miss firing and back firing. Reckon it's a tooth out on the cambelt on top of bad dizzy timing. It's running really advanced to get the revs up on idle, wots worrying me is the fact all the boost pipes are on  good n proper and it's not boosting up great e.g the long rubber boost pipe on the right doesn't seem to get that hard when revving. Hmmmm

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 12:18:30 pm »
they dont get hard just revving, need to be under load

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 12:55:40 pm »
Thts a relief :)

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 06:06:49 pm »
Was playing with the car again today and last night (everyday and night untill UD basicallY) Played with the dizzy timing untill it ran ok, checked the cambelt timing and seemed spot on. Drove it a distance seems to run pretty fast and i dont think its a charger related problem. Although when drivin it tended to bog down badly, oils leaking from her somewhere and got mayo on the underside of the oil cap. Coolant system seems to be better now with a bit of pressure in the system and works in the rad fine. Its still overfuelling massively with black stuff flying out the exhaust and it missfiring and backfiring still. Upwards battle tbh.

Offline Puncharado

• Members
  • Back on the road in 2010! No, 2011! Maybe.
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 08:19:22 pm »
...got mayo on the underside of the oil cap. Coolant system seems to be better now with a bit of pressure in the system...

This is sounding like head gasket to me (or worse, I had a similar thing on a mk1 golf where it turned out the block was cracked), this would explain water getting into the oil and possibly combustion pressurising the coolant. Oil could be getting into the cylinders too, hence fuelling problems and spewing out black shite.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 12:23:58 am by Puncharado »

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2010, 08:04:56 pm »
it sounds like the blue temp sensor again, check wiring loom again, i bought a new temp sensor and mine ran exactly how your describing yours running now, it struggled firing up, misfired and coughed black soot out of exhaust, i put my old sensor back in and it ran fine, the ones you buy from gsf aren'e guarenteed to work, they may be broke when bought.(heard of this problem before), if your proper stuck phone ace tune in sheffield, he's pretty clued up on old school cars. he might get it running a little better than it is at the moment and get you to ud. don't trust his fault code reader tho, its totally inaccurate. 01709 710 888, he charges around £35

Offline Etches

• Members
  • Still got the G...
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 11:03:22 pm »
Thing is I have changes the blue temp sender already, not really made a differnce , going to take the lamda out b clean got a timing light , fingers crossed should be fine for ud