Author Topic: will the g40 be still worth anything if i put another engine in it  (Read 1359 times)

Offline g40chris

• Members
i cant afford another g40 engine at present so was thinking of running an early 1.3 carb engine on bike carbs or a gt engine

will it still be worth anything and are these simple conversions

Offline G40supercharged

• Members
Re: will the g40 be still worth anything if i put another engine in it
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:06:36 pm »
I'd say no; I assume the engine has blown up. If you want to use it, then stick a temporary engine in until you sort the real one, but I think it would be worth next to nothing plus you would still have to insure it as a G40. I paid £600 for a taxed and MOTed G40 with less than 100K on the clock because it had no charger.

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 11:40:12 pm »
i seen a few people selling g40's with gt engines in etc. wonder if these ever sold

i have had enough of things going wrong with mine in past and been selling bits off it.

i have been offered a mk2 golf 1.3 engine for free. seeing as my engine is out i have been planning on using that with possibly bike throttle bodies and a 16v head or solid lifter 1.3 head.

i really want to put a 2.2 10v kv 5 pot engine in it from a quattro but cant see that being easy at all.

Offline g40chris

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:07:59 pm »
true true

had one before

loved the sound and low down torque

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 08:44:29 am »
Mate, if you cant afford the G40 engine... I assume Yoof G40 engine is out of the question at mo aswell then, then stick the golf 1.3 engine in and run it stock as is, dont even think of doing anything to it.  save the pennies for another G40 engine.