Author Topic: boost in new G40 buyers  (Read 1251 times)

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
boost in new G40 buyers
« on: February 20, 2010, 03:06:26 pm »
Well for a while now there has seemed to be a lack of G40's selling or buyers looking, from my own experience over the last 2 weeks and the amount of interest shown in my car i think that the market might be on the up. I have literally been, inundated with potenital buyers and cash offers, needless to say the car has finally sold.

So hope this is good news for anyone else selling.

Offline vwmk3jon

• Members
Re: boost in new G40 buyers
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 09:11:23 pm »
Since ive owned mine, i've had quite afew people asking if i'd want to sell it. Even be offered a mk2 golf cabrio in part exchange by a foreign chap which made me laugh and a chap at the door the other night asking if i wanted to sell it as i wasted him when he tried taking me in a peugeot 106 GTI !

Oldskools coming back in ;)

Offline benh999

• Members
  • K776PKR finally back home
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:15:27 pm »
Warren as yo uknow I paid more than most for my g40 even with that fuel filler area rust.  Just happened that at that time I wanted a g40 back in my life.  Before xmas most people will not want to buy a car, let alone a 2nd car.  Couple that with a recession and the market will be very very slow.  Most people buying cars in bad times will be dealers and they know that come end of Jan /Feb people start looking to buy.

As for G40s in general there always seem to be lulls where you can pick them up for £1000 ish.  However come warmer climates and when the ecomony picks up so do the values of the car.  We all know a decent G40 well specced up and looked after is worth between 2.5 to 3.5k.

Just depends if ur in a position to hold out for asking price. ;)

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:43:27 pm »
well i got what i wanted for my car so im happy mate