Author Topic: if charger is brand new....  (Read 3352 times)

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
if charger is brand new....
« on: February 12, 2010, 02:19:35 pm »
as topic said,

If charger is brand new, do I hv to put some lubrication in it or it hs original in it?
I know when I place it on bracket I musn't turn on the car but only without sprk (sorry don't know how to express my self) also I musn't push it to the limit for some 400 miles

It there anything else what I hv to check/look for it ?

Tks
Damjan

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: if charger is brand new....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 02:37:35 pm »
if fresh, newly serviced, then turn car over without hall sender attached (no fuel or spark) to get oil in the bearings.

After a service, the internals of a charger should be lubricated anyway (would expect with new ones too)

Keep charger off boost and below 3,000 rpm for 300 miles

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 02:42:08 pm »
Tks Pete

And I presume the same thing if charger is brand new (fm the factory - never used) I found totaly new charger nd man want 700€ for it.... I thing this is lot of money...don't you?

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 02:46:36 pm »
yeah - all depends how it has been stored too. i.e. dry old seals? moisture in the air = corrosion

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 03:00:30 pm »
How come you have to run them in? I thought there were only bearings and seals in the things.

Offline Ä‘uro

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 03:03:33 pm »
yeah - all depends how it has been stored too. i.e. dry old seals? moisture in the air = corrosion

fm that I can conclude you are telling me althou it's new I'm buying "cat in the bag" ? and hv to open it just to be sure everything is ok? nd also thhere is poss I will hv to change something .....

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 03:11:23 pm »
if it's been sat on a shelf for 15+ years I'd want to strip it down, lubricate it all and check the condition of all the seals as rubber deteriorates when left stood for long amounts of time.

Offline G40 AD

• Members
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 12:51:57 pm »
so would it be sensible to run the charger for 300miles below 3k to run it in and then back to being driven normally again?
this doesnt sound much to me but glad to hear it!