Author Topic: Higp pressure in oil circulation  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Higp pressure in oil circulation
« on: July 11, 2008, 11:43:51 pm »
I changed my stock airbox with a funnel one, and i had a ride, i made some races with others (i was revving a lot the car) so when i got home and i opened tha hood i saw that oil came of the oil stick pipe and was all over the engine bay. I got scared, and i putted back the stock air box. I guessed: that because i have made 200000km (125000miles) the piston rings will be warned out and the pressure is a little increased, i had a leak of pressure srom the piston rings, so pressure will ascaped and increasing the oil pressure, thats why oil get out from the oil stick pipe?

Am i true, if i am not what it may caused that thing?
Thank you for your time....

Offline Raw

• Members
  • It ain't dubbin 'less her thighs are rubbin'
Re: Higp pressure in oil circulation
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:33:07 am »
[quote pid=2392 author=Alexiskayak_7 date=1215816231]I changed my stock airbox with a funnel one, and i had a ride, i made some races with others (i was revving a lot the car) so when i got home and i opened tha hood i saw that oil came of the oil stick pipe and was all over the engine bay. I got scared, and i putted back the stock air box. I guessed: that because i have made 200000km (125000miles) the piston rings will be warned out and the pressure is a little increased, i had a leak of pressure srom the piston rings, so pressure will ascaped and increasing the oil pressure, thats why oil get out from the oil stick pipe?

Am i true, if i am not what it may caused that thing?
Thank you for your time....[/quote]

Even with worn rings it's most likely a blocked oil breather, I've read a couple of times how this is prone to blocking and causing increased crank pressure. Trace the oil breather pipe from where it T's into the boost return pipe down to the back of the block where it enters a plastic one way valve bolted to the block. Try removing and cleaning the valve with carb/brake cleaner then refit.

I can't see how the air filter made any difference. Only that you were enjoying driving it hard on your "test" run!

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Higp pressure in oil circulation
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:46:16 am »
Oh.. I forgot to mention that... When this hapened i took of the oil vapour hose, i also took out a plastick t piece and a metalic part from the angine block... I took out some stoned oil.... Now it's totally clean and i guess that the g lader will lube a little bit more?

Thank you for your reply, Alex...

Offline grayg40

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Higp pressure in oil circulation
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:46:38 am »
[quote pid=2395 author=Alexiskayak_7 date=1215859576]Oh.. I forgot to mention that... When this hapened i took of the oil vapour hose, i also took out a plastick t piece and a metalic part from the angine block... I took out some stoned oil.... Now it's totally clean and i guess that the g lader will lube a little bit more?

Thank you for your reply, Alex...[/quote]

Have you fixed your problem dude cos mine is doing exactly the same, but mine is 223miles but i have checked the breather and did the rings around 30 000 miles ago.
Cheers

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Higp pressure in oil circulation
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 02:05:34 pm »
Have you fixed your problem dude cos mine is doing exactly the same, but mine is 223miles but i have checked the breather and did the rings around 30 000 miles ago.
Cheers[/quote]

Yes, it's ok now.. I redlined a couple of times and it take a look and oil does't come or the oil stick pipe... 30.000 isn't to much, but you better take it of and clean it and then you see...

Offline Dennis@polo86c.nl

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Higp pressure in oil circulation
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 04:00:03 pm »
Hi Alex,

what exactly did you do to fix it?

Offline Alexiskayak_7

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Higp pressure in oil circulation
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:05:06 am »
[quote pid=2596 author=Dennis@polo86c.nl date=1216652403]Hi Alex,

what exactly did you do to fix it?[/quote]

I took off the oil vapour hose, i also took out a plastick t piece and a metalic part from the angine block... Cleaning it some stoned oil came out wich was blocking oil fumes to come out.