Author Topic: What are you driving in 2030?  (Read 7195 times)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
  • Probably the oldest G driver in the Universe.
What are you driving in 2030?
« on: November 30, 2009, 10:08:33 pm »
As per header, what kind of motoring do you guys envisage in twenty years time? This isn't something that's going to be a problem for me; an electric hearse for me if I last that long, but what about you guys in your twentys and thirtys? Where would you be putting your money? To be frank I can't see the electric car cutting it; ok if you've a private driveway beside your house, but what the fuck do you do if you live in a block of flats or anywhere you can't plug in easily to re-charge. plus where's the power coming from to service a nations cars overnight. Hydrogen's got a mountain to climb too with the conventional engine unsuitable for conversion and the rotary,although suitable, even less fuel efficient than it is at present. Do you reckon science is going to come to the rescue?

Offline PeteG40

• Administrators
  • Housewives heart throb
Re: What are you driving in 2030?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:10:43 pm »
old school FTW,

we'll end up holidaying in britain, working near home so we can walk there and marrying someone from the village we're from.  Sorted

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 05:05:59 pm »
old school FTW,

we'll end up holidaying in britain, working near home so we can walk there and marrying someone from the village we're from.  Sorted

No change for you then Pete  :P

I doubt electric cars will be in by 2030- by that time some bright spark will have realised they actually need to burn coal for electricity, as solar/wind technology isn't efficient enough.

If wave power could be harnessed properly you've got a decent guarenteed source of energy there.

Petrol's infastructure will take a long long time to replace, even with a sudden leap in technology tomorrow, it'll be 10 years minimum before it's implemented.

As for what I'll be driving, probably a Polo, and hopefully an Ultima- if there's minimal fuel left to burn, I'm hoping to burn it  ;D

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:26:21 pm »
well it doesn't really matter, by 2015 they'll have invented the "Mr Fusion" unit which generates nuclear power from garbage so we've nothing to worry about.  Also by then will be the invention of the hover board, jackets that dry themselves and flying taxis that looks suspiciously like a Citroen DS with extra stuff glued to it.

Offline hardchargin40

• Members
  • Older, Wiser, Greyer.
    • The Roadster.net
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:56:15 pm »
The world as we know it is going to end in 2012 anyway! :o  Tis true, just seen it! ;D  We'll all be living in Arks. ;D

Offline giorgio

• Members
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »
Not sure but even if its made from pixie dust and running on magic you will still be getting taxed for it.

Offline Tommo

• Members
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 04:15:36 pm »
This is surely a pointless thread, why would there be cars when you can use the teleporter?

Offline lance

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 06:43:32 pm »
This is surely a pointless thread, why would there be cars when you can use the teleporter?

cos we all know ya come out like a fly!

Offline neil_dubgt

• Members
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:20:26 pm »
electric scooter  :)

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 08:18:46 pm »
Unless you're a footballer, that'll probably be it Neil. One thing's for sure,there's going to be a lot more havenots than haves in the world. International travel's going to be a big loser. I reckon Pete's live local, die local idea could be on the way back. Enjoy your car while you can.

Offline tdh-syorks

• Members
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:12:48 pm »
well it doesn't really matter, by 2015 they'll have invented the "Mr Fusion" unit which generates nuclear power from garbage so we've nothing to worry about.  Also by then will be the invention of the hover board, jackets that dry themselves and flying taxis that looks suspiciously like a Citroen DS with extra stuff glued to it.

bollocks to it then, in the future ill be living in 1955 driving a brand new deutsch bonnet, lol

Offline scotsjohn

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2009, 08:15:43 pm »
55 was not a good time;trust me. Cross-ply tyres, crash gearboxes, 30hp per litre(petrol about twenty pence a gallon) Entertainment wise, Max Bygraves and Johnny Rae were what you'd be listening to. Think knife and wrist.lol.

Offline Doc J

• Members
  • GT40 - AE86C
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2009, 02:21:19 pm »
May be here in Bulgaria in 2030 most of the people will drive cars like Golf MK5 or other from the same time  :-\ But I preffer the Polo ot Audi B4 Coupe instead of the MK5  8)

Offline Jezza-7

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 10:22:43 pm »
i will still be driving my G40.

Offline djtez

• Members
  • aaAAHH CHOOO!
    • its ma bebo site
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 12:42:13 pm »
mk5 golf gti...