Author Topic: CO Pot  (Read 3619 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
CO Pot
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:34:34 pm »
[quote pid=1260 author=Da Hayz date=1210345630]

- inlet air temp and CO pot:  to test the inlet air temp, use a similar method as above, also use the same guide values, again they aren't too accurate so expect some variations in the resistance readings but should be in the same ball park.  For the CO pot, around 600-650ohms (measure across pins 2 and 3 if I remember correctly) is a good base setting, the car shouldn't be running bad like that. But you need to put it on a gas analyser to set properly at idle.  [/quote]

I replied in the FAQ but its actually pins 1 and 3.

The real reason for the thread is the last line which is in Italics.

What does the CO Pot actually do and what am I supposed to be aiming for on a Gas Analyzer? Would different methods of Forced  Induction require different resistance?

Mine was set at about 1100 Ohms. Would this have been set at a higher resistance as my car is on a base map?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: CO Pot
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:42:03 pm »
well there isn't a "correct" setting for this, otherwise VW wouldn't have made it adjustable in the first place, the whole point of it is to set the mixture at idle.  Generally speaking, 600-650ohms is a good place to start.  Higher resistance = richer mixture.  It's only really used at idle as far as I'm aware, the lambda takes over above idle and MAP sensor is the main one on boost.  That's how I understand it anyway, Beavis is the man who will have this information permanently burnt into his remaining brain cells :)

I don't know the values to look for on a gas analyser off the top of my head, the MOT tester will have the info in their autodata system.

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: CO Pot
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 09:04:01 pm »
thanks for the help hays.

I will look on Autodata when I get a chance.

On the subject, and I have been meaning to do this for a while, whats the best way to G40 Autodata onto the forum.

I am thinking of print screen/PDF. Whats your suggestion?

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Re: Re: CO Pot
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 10:04:26 pm »
what format is it in now?  PDF would be best I guess.