Author Topic: Idle On the Way down  (Read 3512 times)

Offline giorgio

• Members
Idle On the Way down
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:32:12 am »
Its happened 3 times now and I cant think why its happening.
If I am driving spiritedly and then come to a stop the needle will keep falling and not catch idle at 900, but instead go all the way and stall the car.
I thought it could be me driving like a flid with the paddle clutch but its not as this morning it happened when I was out of gear

Folks off topic but think we should make  a habit of filling in the 'tags' section of a thread to help the search function

Offline supercharged spaniel

• Members
  • GRRRRRRR
Re: Idle On the Way down
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:57:11 am »
this used to happen to me and it was the CO pot.  set it right and it never did it again.  550ohms if you didnt already know.  let's not forget how different our engines are though. but if you havent tried it its worth setting right.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 09:57:42 am by supercharged spaniel »

Offline wozzaG40

• Members
Re: Re: Idle On the Way down
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 11:15:43 am »
CO pot is worth checkin as said above, mine was doing exactly as you described couple of weeks ago, pluged it in to the diagnostics an the O2 reading wasn't moving atall then suddenly it would start to jump like normal an the car would run fine again. Checked the lamda (O2 sensor) and the plug had coroded slightly, so went out an brought a new one problem solved.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:17:42 am by wozzaG40 »

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Idle On the Way down
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 12:11:20 pm »
must be the co pot. I was messing with boost pipe the other day so must of just got the hump. will molest and report back

Offline giorgio

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Idle On the Way down
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 09:12:21 pm »
CO Pot was miles out but the problem was the ISV. thanks for the help spaniel