Author Topic: Subframe & Wishbones  (Read 12578 times)

Offline Robga

• Members
Subframe & Wishbones
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:20:58 pm »
Would this of been the PSD subframe & wishbone if Steve was still trading, any ideas?
 [attachment=69]

Last time i spoke to Steve the design was being modified to have a removable section and now PSD is no more, thought maybe the maker is now selling them!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 04:21:31 pm by H866MPR »

Offline hayesey

• Administrators
  • The CV joint killer
    • ClubG40
Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:08:10 pm »

Offline Robga

• Members
Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 06:50:07 pm »
Googled polo performance services and yep its their subframe and it looks pretty good too! They have quite a few products, anyone delt with this company before?

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 09:21:44 pm »
[quote pid=1830 author=H866MPR date=1214157007]Googled polo performance services and yep its their subframe and it looks pretty good too! They have quite a few products, anyone delt with this company before?[/quote]

I'm awaiing a delivery of said subframe.

Offline Robga

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 09:41:45 pm »
[quote pid=1835 author=G-spot date=1214166104][quote pid=1830 author=H866MPR date=1214157007]Googled polo performance services and yep its their subframe and it looks pretty good too! They have quite a few products, anyone delt with this company before?[/quote]

I'm awaiing a delivery of said subframe.[/quote]

Cool  :)
Let me know how you get on with it ie if it fits well etc!

Cheers

Offline G4O LP

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 03:49:17 pm »
From what I can gather they are the same as the ones PSD were about to sell as this is the one steve is running on his own car. Not 100% sure on this but I know steve has bought one of him just putting 2 and 2 together.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2008, 02:44:00 pm »
G-spot  get us some feedback as soon as you can man!

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2008, 07:22:45 pm »
Will do, deposit paid yesterday, and hpefully will have it in time for the G40 peaks rally weekend, should give me a chance to get a feel for it!!  Said I never got to this expense with my car, but decided I ain't gonna be replacing it in the next year or two so why not make it more enjoyable, plus it keeps my interest up.

Report Pending then....................... :nerd:

Offline Yoof

• Traders
  • I know naathing..
    • Polo Performance Parts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 08:00:13 am »
Jason- I think you paid the deposit to me?

There's several distinct differances between Polo Performance Parts and Polo Performance Services, annoyingly they stole our name and it would seem the products (or tried).

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 01:48:53 pm »
lol

Offline G-spot

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 06:36:04 pm »
[quote pid=2006 author=Yoof date=1214636413]Jason- I think you paid the deposit to me?

There's several distinct differances between Polo Performance Parts and Polo Performance Services, annoyingly they stole our name and it would seem the products (or tried).[/quote]
paid and Pm'd ;)

Offline volksnorm

• Members
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 09:26:57 pm »
yoofy boy, i thought you were going to be grown up about all this PPP/PPS business, like i said to you before, there was no stealing involved, i do performance parts and services for polo's, hence the name, and there are very few similarities between our frames, even less when i bring out the updated design. as for stealing the design, i have been talking to steve (PSD), need i say more.

seriously if anyone wants any honest information about my products please pm me, i wont talk about any on here as that would be advertising and thats not what i signed up for

Offline Andy

• Traders
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 01:45:58 pm »
[quote pid=2030 author=volksnorm date=1214684817]as for stealing the design, i have been talking to steve (PSD), need i say more.[/quote]
Not quite sure why Mr Pitt has been telling a few people that Yoof copied his PSD prototype design - especially when it's a blatant lie. Bit difficult to copy something you've never seen.

From memory, Steve had John Marchant's Mk1 Polo turbo in for finishing off - which included fitting a Salzmann frame, which required a lot of butchering. Steve told me at the time he was getting a go-kart chassis builder to make him up an improved version of it, and once he'd built up an engine for his 'tin can' LHD Mk3 Polo to get it back on the road he'd test out the design.

At the time I'd offered him my car for a few months to test the frame, as I'd just put a K03'd 1341cc G40 together - and Steve was part-way through developing his PSD K03 turbo kit for G40s, so I thought it might help an old mate out. This was early 2007, and Steve understandably wanted to get the prototype frame tested on his car in case it caused any chassis damage - and he still had John's Mk1 and another fledgling K03 1341cc car to do his turbo development on, so didn't need my car.

By the time Steve remapped my car in April 2007, there was still no word of the PSD frame - I'm not sure if it'd been built by then, and if it had - it definitely wasn't on his car so no-one had seen it. In fact, when his car was at the RTOC vs CP shootout in October 2007 he still didn't have the frame fitted.

I got the prototype Polo-PP frame in August 2007 - a development of a design that Polo-PP's supplier had done for a G40 race car that'd been in use for 3 seasons (i.e. 3 years). They'd also done a frame for a road-going G40 prior to that for one of Yoof's friends a while before I got mine. So not quite sure how they copied PSD on that front.

Offline cheddarcheese

• Members
  • i like boobs!
    • supercharged
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Subframe & Wishbones
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 05:33:57 pm »
G-spot  any updates?

Offline G-spot

• Members
[quote pid=2193 author=cheddarcheese date=1215102837]G-spot  any updates?[/quote]

I'm not getting into any discussions over which product is best from the two different manufacturers/fabricators available, viewing both they each have aspects that I like, but I've paid my deposit to PPP, so once I make final payment and recieve frame I'll be happy to report findings once fitted.  The most inportant point for me is getting strength into the lower engine bay.